New beginning before the end

Right lads and lasses :slight_smile: How are you? I’m planning on hanging my keys up after the whole 7 yrs of driving (I’m 27yrs old) :grimacing: basically just lost the passion for it: the hours, the abuse, the waiting, the shouting and so on… want to stop next September so i’ ve given my self a year to do what i ve always wanted. Euro. Ive done days, done tramping round the UK so now decided to try out for the euro work. aint got no experience in that area so wondering if anyone out there is wiling to employ a “new” driver. I live in northampton so do you guys know anyone who does euro and pay decent money :blush: good kit and dont push you like theres no tomorrow. ive heard that dixon international are looking for drivers down at rugby depot and so does bedworth haulage but they ask for experience in euroland. any info on them? any sugestions would do.

Tin hat and hi viz on so hit it as hard as you can im all ready :slight_smile:

Thank you

EM Rogers do Italy from your area or further away is Brian Yeardley at Wakefield on concert or exhibition work .
On European work you have your weekly rests wherever you finish, which could be a service station surrounded by 300 Eastern European drivers turning over their engines 24 hours a day to power their Sputnik satellite systems .

Why not try S & K, perhaps you could move down that way temporarily for a year or so and I’d imagine you’ll get some reasonably priced digs too and that way you’d gain valuable experience and eventually move on to perhaps somewhere nearer home, just a thought .

bald bloke:
Why not try S & K, perhaps you could move down that way temporarily for a year or so and I’d imagine you’ll get some reasonably priced digs too and that way you’d gain valuable experience and eventually move on to perhaps somewhere nearer home, just a thought .

Dunno about S&K specifically, but think BaldBloke is correct saying dont only look on your doorstep. If you are doing a couple of weeks away then the commute time/cost becomes less important. Where I work some guys have a 4 or 5 hour trip in to work and do one weekend away, next weekend at home. Difficult doing longer trips than that because of hours rules about weekend breaks etc. Euro work used to be better paid than domestic, but Im not at all sure thats true now. For me its about the work rather than the money, but I don`t have a huge mortgage to pay. Some Eu work is against the clock (generally speaking fridge work etc) some less so.

Toby has exaggerated with the EE drivers. I newer saw 300 EE trucks in services in occidental Europe

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G357FZ folosind Tapatalk

Virtually no British firms do continental general haulage nowadays, rock n’ roll firms would be your best bet and even that is going over to the eastern Europeans now.

come to Ireland and use a smallish company based there…your interview will consist of 1 question…can you go out on the next boat…followed by…how long will you stay out for…heres your keys…your late to load…your late for the boat…your late for your tip booking time…your late for loading…your late for the boat.,and repeat…keep er lit… :slight_smile:

Sounds like Boyles, dieseldog