Italian moving to the UK.do I need to get UK license before

I have a valid Italian category CE license and hoping to move and start working in Britain
What are my chances of getting a job immediately cause haven’t got experience driving in the UK.I have bagged 9 years experience here and would really love to move now.please advice me on how to start.Thanks in anticipation

Licence valid in UK as still under EU laws for at least the next 2 years

cyee:
I have a valid Italian category CE license and hoping to move and start working in Britain
What are my chances of getting a job immediately cause haven’t got experience driving in the UK.I have bagged 9 years experience here and would really love to move now.please advice me on how to start.Thanks in anticipation

99.9 percent of agency and big companies ask -full UK licence.So you need exchange.May by possible found somewhere job with foreigh licence but very,very struguly.

cyee:

Try may be this company eurserviceuk.com/contact-us. They looking for some drivers to drive left hand drive.Boss as well Italian.

cyee:

You have an eu licence which is valid in the UK. You shouldn’t have too many problems finding work, although like anywhere else,it’s easier finding work in some areas than others.

Just change your licence to a UK one. You’d need to do it at some point for residential reasons

nick2008:
Just change your licence to a UK one. You’d need to do it at some point for residential reasons

Thanks for your reply. Do appreciate it

Harry Monk:

cyee:

You have an eu licence which is valid in the UK. You shouldn’t have too many problems finding work, although like anywhere else,it’s easier finding work in some areas than others.

Could you suggest places I am likely to find either class 1/ 2 jobs . But must state here that I have very little experience with attics. Iove to work.also.with refrigerated vehicles

For artic work in the U.K., research these firms ;
R T Keedwell, Highbridge, Somerset but depots nationwide from flat bed trailers to curtain siders .

Peter Green,Evercreach Somerset, European and U.K. fridge work .

Gregory distribution limited,rigid to artic, local or distance ,tautliners and fridge work .

Secure cargo ltd at Yate,Bristol, dedicated U.K. to Italy haulage .

Knights of old ltd,Kettering .

Massey Wilcox Chilcompton Somerset, need a rigid and artic driver now .

Pentalvers container transport Southampton or Felixstowe .

JF Pierce brick transport Shepton Mallet,Somerset .

If you are moving to UK, you should also arrange the relocation process itself. Find a reliable moving company to help you relocate and
make a solid research before hiring.

Wouldn’t bother to come here mate, it’s full of immigrants !! oh wait on :laughing:

Foreigners moving to UK or Northern Ireland are permitted to drive using their existing licence if it has been issued from countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) (EU plus Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein),

Legally u are entitled to keep your Italian licence but it makes it difficult to get work specially if you go through an agency as they will make up some excuse as why you cant use it , if you argue with them they just wont give you work so your caught in a catch 22 situation.
To make life easier apply for work before you arrive tell them u have a Italian Licence but are happy to exchange it , else just exchange it get the job and exchange it back then !
Their is far more advantages of having an Italian licence then a uk one

nedflanders:
Legally u are entitled to keep your Italian licence but it makes it difficult to get work specially if you go through an agency as they will make up some excuse as why you cant use it ,

Agency I worked for had some Polish and a German and a Spaniard working for them, all were asked to change their licences to UK ones, reason … " Only way that we can do a licence check is if you have a British one " Seems understandable

Hi I’m an Italian Class 1 driver, been here 1year, but 10 years driving in Europe. Im looking for runs to Europe all over, but Italy , Spain I’d prefer. My English isn’t Very good! any ideas which companies I could try? Im based in The Midlands.

Fred, Insight transport at Inkberrow near Redditch do Spain and Italy, ask for Steve Walker or try S&K at Barry South Wales .
Pulleyn ltd at Reading,Ask for Scott.
Ralph Davies ltd at Cheltenham .
Brian Yeardley ltd at Wakefield .

Cheers Toby very useful and near me too.

fred36:
Hi I’m an Italian Class 1 driver, been here 1year, but 10 years driving in Europe. Im looking for runs to Europe all over, but Italy , Spain I’d prefer. My English isn’t Very good! any ideas which companies I could try? Im based in The Midlands.

So you prefer runs to Italy/Spain, You used to live in Italy !!! Your English isn’t that good

One, and only one, question, why didn’t you stay in Italy ■■?

my wife is English and Italy economically isn’t an easy country to live/work in…