Driving in France on a Sunday

After some advice please. Going to Paris on Sunday. Going Dover Calais.

Aware can’t drive till 10:00 at night. My question is can I park in Calais docks or am I allowed to drive to the toll road then park up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

im going to get a coffee and a packet of biscuits before this one starts…im realy hoping for some interesting answers now…
however…in a curtainsider or fridge? might be a start as the rules(and fiddles) vary… :slight_smile:

For a start, there is no parking in Calais port.

for a 2nd…wherever you park,by the time you wake up and head off,your box will be full of illegal vermin who will not be well pleased once it dawns on them that you are heading away from calais and not onto the boat.

I’ll make it worse. I’m in a 40ft curtainsider.

I’m debating weather to park up at Dover have nine off then go get ferry. Just wanted to know if there is any leeway in driving in France once off the ferry.

That’s there problem Dieseldog. You never know they might help me with the unloading. I’m not carrying any perishables.

Darrenb:
I’ll make it worse. I’m in a 40ft curtainsider.

I’m debating weather to park up at Dover have nine off then go get ferry. Just wanted to know if there is any leeway in driving in France once off the ferry.

You could run up the corridor and park at Transmark.

Where/When are you tipping Paris? Are you aware of the various Monday morning bans? Some route have 06hr00 to 10hr00 bans. Not always strictly enforced,maybe,but, sod`s law applies: if it can go wrong it will.
EDIT, bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/0 … _Web-2.pdf
Seems coming in from north is clear.

I’m tipping at Paris nord Paris expo seven am Monday. Leaving Manchester Sunday 9am

Darrenb:
I’m tipping at Paris nord Paris expo seven am Monday. Leaving Manchester Sunday 9am

Are you carry exhibition event gear?

Could you come under this exemption?

transportation linked to the assembly and dismantling of installations used for economic, sporting, cultural, educational or political events organised in accordance with the laws and regulations in force;

Yes I am.

Darrenb:
Yes I am.

Not sure what In accordance with the laws and regulation in place actually means, but sure I read somewhere it was for an event being held on the Sunday or Monday, maybe somebody can give more info on that.

muckles:

Darrenb:
Yes I am.

Not sure what In accordance with the laws and regulation in place actually means, but sure I read somewhere it was for an event being held on the Sunday or Monday, maybe somebody can give more info on that.

Well thought of muckles
I dont know the "ins n outs" of it all, but a letter on company headed paper with some reference to the event, the date and saying this load falls under the "5 assurant le montage et démontage d'installation de manifestations économiques, sportives, culturelles, éducatives ou politiques organisées conformément aux lois et règlements en vigueur ; " Thats copied from page 6 of the Bison Fute link.
Summat signed and stamped by the organisers as well as the sender would be good too, if possible.
Should satisfy most of em Id have thought?

Cheers for the replies guy’s I’ll let you know. Done quite a lot of European driving but always managed to avoid the leaving uk on a Sunday to be there on a monday

If anyone is interested. I made it to Paris expo fine. Got off the ferry at nine thirty pm and decided to go for it. No problems.

oh yes definitely interested, all the memories come flooding back,

I was in Paris on a public holiday (doing an event) I just carried a copy of the derogation applicable to “events/broadcast” with a letter from our company stating the event, left Paris got to Calais no bother.

jonesy5573:
I was in Paris on a public holiday (doing an event) I just carried a copy of the derogation applicable to “events/broadcast” with a letter from our company stating the event, left Paris got to Calais no bother.

was that where the bother started then?,once you got to Calais… :slight_smile:

Dog, Calais has been fine lately

jonesy5573:
Dog, Calais has been fine lately

Yes, of course it is, because 95% of the indigenous , have been bused out to refugee centres around France.

Never let it be said that France doesn’t try to sort out the problem :wink: :wink: