Berlin Truckstop

Does anyone know the name of the Truckstop to the south of Berlin which was the favoured place to weekend before going to the Polish border in the 90 s

If you’re talking weekending it has to be the Avus: google.de/maps/dir/Motel+un … 015154!1m0

Free parking and a 5 minute walk to the train into town with all its nefarious delights.

What could possibly go wrong? :sunglasses:

Doesn’t look bad but not the place I was thinking of.

Done a bit of a map recce and it was along the A10 between junction 9 and 20

Was a favoured watering hole of the Ralph Davis mob

These days there are a few jumped up glorified filling stations with take away sausage facilities purporting to be “Autohofs” dotted around the A10 Berliner Ring.

However they certainly did not exist in the 90s as the section from Dreieck Nuthetal (where the A115 heads off into Berlin) to the Polish border was very much a work in progress to upgrade it from the communist excuse for a “motorway” well into the 2000s.

Perchance you are thinking of one of the Autohofs between Helmstedt and the Berliner Ring along the A2 which can be found here: autohof-guide.de/strassenkarte.html. (There also used to be one at Ziesar but this has since closed)

Not too sure but they were probably up and running by the mid 90s as the A2 upgrade was completed around that time.

These are the proper deal with sitty down restaurants and comely serving wenches.

(Or are you thinking of the Michendorf Autobahn services just before Dreieck Nuthetal?)

Back in 1995 I was ‘weekended’ on my way back into Germany from Poland via the border at Forst. I stopped at the Arral Rast at Berstetal on the A13/E36 between junctions 8 & 9. I seem to remember it being a fully-fledged service area. I certainly found beer! Robert

Zizar that’s the baby

robert1952:
Back in 1995 I was ‘weekended’ on my way back into Germany from Poland via the border at Forst. I stopped at the Arral Rast at Berstetal on the A13/E36 between junctions 8 & 9. I seem to remember it being a fully-fledged service area. I certainly found beer! Robert

You finding beer shock horror lol :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ears Bleeding:
Zizar that’s the baby

I always thought Zisar was v/good,always called for a meal and shower on my way to Poland.Been ret many yrs so out of touch.
regards dave.