Getting in to euro driving

Hey guys, I’ve been driving HGV for 6 years now, passed my class 2 in Germany and then tramped general in a 6 wheel pantec all over uk, only passed class 1 a year ago but been driving artic locally since. Loved living in Germany and I feel I’ve got the experience I need to start tramping euro but don’t even know what companies to start with or if they’ll be likely to want to take on a relative newb. Just to add to complications I live in the far North of Scotland, most likely to get euro tramping would be shellfish but I don’t know a great deal about that either. Any pointers, tips, suggestions or advice on where to look would be much appreciated, cheers

Smudge72:
Hey guys, I’ve been driving HGV for 6 years now, passed my class 2 in Germany and then tramped general in a 6 wheel pantec all over uk, only passed class 1 a year ago but been driving artic locally since. Loved living in Germany and I feel I’ve got the experience I need to start tramping euro but don’t even know what companies to start with or if they’ll be likely to want to take on a relative newb. Just to add to complications I live in the far North of Scotland, most likely to get euro tramping would be shellfish but I don’t know a great deal about that either. Any pointers, tips, suggestions or advice on where to look would be much appreciated, cheers

Live shellfish is not something Ive ever done, but would suggest you look carefully before jumping into it. I work with one guy who was on that work regularly, and although the pay can be high, it is very. . . time critical, and very...draining.. Tread carefully. Mostly, if not always, double manned, so being a Euro debutante isnt likely to be a major issue.

Tunderman Transport, Shetland Transport.

How far North do you call the far North of Scotland?
Is Bannermans near you or is their place a good bit South?
Tryed Stevens? Pulling reefers into Europe, which is always hard work but they’ve been in the game a long time. There kit looks in decent condition, no idea about the money etc though.

Simon:
Tryed Stevens? Pulling reefers into Europe, which is always hard work but they’ve been in the game a long time. There kit looks in decent condition, no idea about the money etc though.

I think Stevens is my best bet, I actually live in the Orkney islands, there are a few boys up here that jump in the ferry Monday morning and return for their weekends. We get a few shellfish operators that come over to pick up before heading to Europe, I can never manage to chat to the boys driving though. Stevens fleet is spot on all Scania r730s and Volvo fh16s so I think they’re my best bet, don’t know what their pay is like though

Smudge72:

Simon:

I think Stevens is my best bet, I actually live in the Orkney islands, there are a few boys up here that jump in the ferry Monday morning and return for their weekends. We get a few shellfish operators that come over to pick up before heading to Europe, I can never manage to chat to the boys driving though. Stevens fleet is spot on all Scania r730s and Volvo fh16s so I think they’re my best bet, don’t know what their pay is like though

They wont be going further than south of Spain if theyre only doing 5 days work. . . out of the Shetlands …!