Industrial Action in Calais

There are reports of possible industrial action at Calais Port on 19th to 20th January, a 24 hour strike has been called by the unions against the introduction of the RIF, Registre International Francais.

Best to call and check if you are shipping on Monday/Tuesday

Zut alors! :frowning: Thanks for that Neil; was hoping to get a ferry midday Tuesday so I’ll have to check this news out.

Craig

It’s only a threat at the moment Craig and I think the way it is worded it would be from Monday AM until Tuesday AM but there would likely still be a backlog at midday Tuesday. :frowning:

Just had a look at the R.I.F website with the help of the missus and it appears that the union is actually calling for a 48hr strike on all short sea crossings. We’ll keep an eye on the local news here, anyone got any further confirmed information from the UK side?

Craig

The threatend strike action has been postponed because the debate in parliament on the creation of the RIF has, itself, now been postponed.

No doubt it will happen some time in the future. :unamused: :unamused:

Thats a bit of luck then, had visions of spending tomorrow sitting on the M20 twiddling me thumbs all day.
biggles