Insight Trans Logistics in inkberrow

Anyone has working or worked for them? they call me for interview but wish to know more about them like wage office attitude as much as possible please

From what I’ve seen and heard you will get the job if you’ve got your own tool box!! :open_mouth:

They have problems with maintenance with Vosa and the fleet cut back.
It seems more UK work now.They do Spain and Gibraltar.
Mostly Renault Magnums and some MAN’s.
Some UK container work.
If get the job,take a tool box to fix the motor.
In the UK;expect to be stopped by Vosa.

vobla123:
Anyone has working or worked for them? they call me for interview but wish to know more about them like wage office attitude as much as possible please

Why dont you ask them yourself, at the interview :question:

If no tacho records for the last 28 days.An attestation activity letter is needed.

Suedehead:

vobla123:

Why dont you ask them yourself, at the interview :question:

He might have to travel a bit to get there. With a bit of info he could save some fuel if they pay peanuts.

I worked for them when they first started out at Bidford on Avon.
We used a shipping agent in Gib,who gave us our running money.
Steve Walker is a decent bloke.I am not sure if Gilbert is there or not.
I did one trip from the Inkberrow yard.
A lot of his drivers live in Spain.
And they get the European work as they can go home.
If waiting for reload back,they would go home in Spain.
They had the contract to move the equipment for the operation to get the Costa Concordia out of the sea.
They transport racing cars and do household removals.

I finished with them 3 weeks ago after being with them for 20 months.

Wages are £223 basic plus £26.5 UK night out or £30.5 Int. Basic wages are based on a 36 hour driving week if you drive less you are paid the same, drive more then £6.31 Per extra drive hour. You are paid on the ferry and any time that you are in the truck overnight, few cab rats that live in them.

I was happy with them, when I was there, most of the time. Steve is the Boss, with Gil and Andy in the office with him. He has only 2 lads that live in Spain with him now as I and the others got peed off being away for 5,6,7,8 weeks +. Italy was a regular run last year and Gibraltar is very slow. He has put 6-8 trucks on container work in the UK and the rest do whatever is available. More and more Convoi Excep. work, something that didn’t interest me and if I was going to work on containers then I would go and work direct and get paid a lot more. In the time that I worked for him I would say that I saw about 40+ drivers go through the books. Trucks and trailers are not the best but then with that amount of drivers running through what do you expect. I had a 54 magnum on Gib plates and it was the best looking on the fleet coz I kept it that way.

If you want any more gen PM me.

Best of Luck

neilsp252:
I finished with them 3 weeks ago after being with them for 20 months.

Wages are £223 basic plus £26.5 UK night out or £30.5 Int. Basic wages are based on a 36 hour driving week if you drive less you are paid the same, drive more then £6.31 Per extra drive hour. You are paid on the ferry and any time that you are in the truck overnight, few cab rats that live in them.

I was happy with them, when I was there, most of the time. Steve is the Boss, with Gil and Andy in the office with him. He has only 2 lads that live in Spain with him now as I and the others got peed off being away for 5,6,7,8 weeks +. Italy was a regular run last year and Gibraltar is very slow. He has put 6-8 trucks on container work in the UK and the rest do whatever is available. More and more Convoi Excep. work, something that didn’t interest me and if I was going to work on containers then I would go and work direct and get paid a lot more. In the time that I worked for him I would say that I saw about 40+ drivers go through the books. Trucks and trailers are not the best but then with that amount of drivers running through what do you expect. I had a 54 magnum on Gib plates and it was the best looking on the fleet coz I kept it that way.

If you want any more gen PM me.

Best of Luck

I think my mate took your truck on when you left. Did it have a pelmet? He said it was the tidiest truck on the fleet and the last driver clearly looked after it. That was on Gib plates

he only did one trip to Gib then jacked in because he was offered a job with Smiths running to Italy. He said the money was very poor but the job was easy enough

I used to work with Carla who died of cancer.She had a red Erf and a toy snake in the window.
Steve is a decent bloke.She had a small house near the sea at La Linea.

Had a few weekends with carla was a-great crack and greet fun on the ■■■■ on a weekend

Remember one sundAy afternoon in cabbage pAtch she was having an argument
At counter over a paid of herknickers missing from her washing
Said toher get a newpair next week in uk she said they had sentimental value lol

She wasa character and that erf was tidy

Oh Yes.Chain smoking Carla.She was the only driver to do a blind side reverse in to a narrow gate at a tip for Andy Westlake building suppkies in Gib.
All the male drivers took ten or more shunts to get in including me.A lot of burnt out clutches.Meanwhile the locals beeping their horns as the road was blocked while reversing in.
She knew the tacho rules well.
Her lockers in the cab were full of medicines.
Before she died,she felt unwell,and put it down to flu or fatigue.
She got worse in Gib and told to go to hospital in the UK.
She loved her job and her Erf.
I could not keep up with her pace,but she did the job legal.
There was a driver called Toomsy,a dodgy character.
Winding on the tacho clock.
An Indian driver was at the Bidford base.
It was a good craic.
When empty in Gib, the reloads were a good 8 hours drive to Valencia or Alicante.He had tilts then.

daleyboy:
I think my mate took your truck on when you left. Did it have a pelmet? He said it was the tidiest truck on the fleet and the last driver clearly looked after it. That was on Gib plates

he only did one trip to Gib then jacked in because he was offered a job with Smiths running to Italy. He said the money was very poor but the job was easy enough

Yes must of been I left a Blue Renault pelmet in there, just to leave something plus a few flag stickers on the outside, to brighten it up a bit.
That’s what I mean Steve is a decent bloke but the drivers never stay and he just don’t seem to understand why? I would have continued with him but I live down in Spain and with getting home becoming less frequent and the wages what they are why would I want to do UK container work for him when I could go direct and earn an extra 200 + a week.

If anyone knows of any Jobs either in Spain or backwards and Forwards, please let us know as I am sitting at home and getting bored now. :unamused:

neilsp252:

daleyboy:

Yes must of been I left a Blue Renault pelmet in there, just to leave something plus a few flag stickers on the outside, to brighten it up a bit.
That’s what I mean Steve is a decent bloke but the drivers never stay and he just don’t seem to understand why? I would have continued with him but I live down in Spain and with getting home becoming less frequent and the wages what they are why would I want to do UK container work for him when I could go direct and earn an extra 200 + a week.

If anyone knows of any Jobs either in Spain or backwards and Forwards, please let us know as I am sitting at home and getting bored now. :unamused:

Have you thought about S and K? I was there for awhile and although it wasn’t massive money, the job was very easy and you were left alone. When i was there everyone wanted Italy and no one wanted Spain so I used to do it all the time.

one of their Magnum’s has come to grief on the M1 near J.23 today :cry: crashed through the central barrier and jack-knifed.the driver was moving about in his cab,so hopefully ok.

carryfast-yeti:
one of their Magnum’s has come to grief on the M1 near J.23 today :cry: crashed through the central barrier and jack-knifed.the driver was moving about in his cab,so hopefully ok.

That’s why the M1 is up the shoot
Thoughts to driver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes,happened around 12.30…after clearing the lorry and debris away, there will be armco to replace…they won’t be rushing!

I’m not sure where they get their trailers from ?
In my opinion they are end of life from a scrap yard salvaged rust buckets .

The reason the tautliners are old reflects the “market rates” of the work that goes on them, you’ve obviously not seen the 3 brand new Montracon flats, or the brand new £90k Kassbohrer and Doll low loaders, being pulled by 14 plate FH500s!

64Andrewb:
… you’ve obviously not seen…!

:laughing: Andrew, “you`ve obviously not met” the TobeMeister yet!! :laughing: :wink: