New speed limit in Spain?

I’ve just had an E mail from a pal in Portugal who claims that from the 3rd January 2004 vehicles over 3500kgs are restricted to 80 kph on Spanish motorways. He states motorways (Autopistas?). I’m no sure whether he means Dual Carriageways (Autovias) as well.

His info is usually good but sometimes we get hung up on the translation to English.

I checked the Spanish Autopista site but there’s no info on there.

autopistas.com/ing/index_ie.htm

Anybody got any info or is it just a rumour?

Safe travelling.

Don

I haven’t heard anything about this from my usual sources but will look into it.

I can just see the Spanish drivers sticking to 80kph. :open_mouth: They cant stick to the 90kph limit. :unamused:

its prob just for us brits

The only thing I have been able to find regarding speed limits in Spain is the introduction of an 80 km/h limit for buses when they have standing passengers.

Nothing about changes to the limits for trucks so far.

I’ve e mailed Alberto to see where he got the info from.

Coffee is right the only new speed limit in Spain is for buses with standing passengers you can look for yourself on dgt.es/legislacion/FOLLETO%20NORMAS.pdf

if that shoulds not work go to www.dgt.es scroll down the page until you see nuevas normas de traffico on the left hand side and then click on that

seasons greeting,I,m off to spain to fill my tank up tomorrow,willl post if I see any change in the signage but i think it will be for the pcv,s only has last week there were,nt any new road signs being put up.

I´m in Spain and I´m telling you there have been no changes

I’ve found the relevant info in English but I can’t work it out.

www.dgt.es/index.html click on English version

Click on Highway Code

Laws

4 Vehicle Traffic

Click on Chapter 11 Speed

Article 48

Maximum Speed outside towns.

What’s the difference between 1a & 1b?

Please excuse me if I’ve fouled up on net etiquette. I’m very new to computering at at 70 it’s a real steep learning curve.

Thanks

Don

Grim Reaper:
Coffee is right the only new speed limit in Spain is for buses with standing passengers

Thanks for confirming that Paul. :smiley:

Don basically the difference is

a) is applicable to motorways and dual carriageways

b) is applicable to normal A class roads which have a hard shoulder of at least 1.5 meters width or more than one lane in each direction (but still not classified as dual carriageway) or have a slow traffic lane.
Hope this clears it up a bit for you there English translation leaves a bit to be desired

Grim Reaper,

Thanks for the explanation it certainly makes sense.

I scrambled my brain yesterday trying to get my head round that translation. :confused:

On Monday I’m off to Turkey for three months in my motorhome.
Looking forward to a bit of warm weather. :smiley:

Safe travelling in the New Year to all members.

Don

reaper, it looks like your telling it like it is,no change in the the signage,filled up today in figueres(69.9euros per litre)road works south side of jonquera nearly finished.N 11 nearly empty all the way to gerona today.froggy :bulb:

Froggy usually do :laughing:
Don´t open my mouth until I´ve got the facts :laughing: