Advice

PAULSIMO:

milodon:
Is subbing it out really the best way? I mean the customer asked you to do it, so when the s**t hits the fan in regards to delays or damaged goods or whatever, the customer will know that you only took the quick buck without a second thought to the relationship you two have.

Poland is a piece of cake.

Any advice on best way and tolls etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the DKV route planner to get an idea on tolls, the best route will probably depend on where in Poland, I think Miloson makes a fair point about responsibility for the load, but maybe that depends on the load and the reason you’ve been asked, I delivered a Car in a covered truck to Poland last year, it was one car on a transporter, must of been far cheaper way to get it there, but I assume the customer wanted a dedicated service so was willing to pay the price, instead of just sticking it on a transporter with other cars.

To be honest getting a Belgium box isn’t difficult and you can return it after the trip to get the deposit back, Germany can be done without a toll box, either using the toll machines in many service areas or I believe you can now book the route on the Internet, you will also need a box for Poland, I think this can be done at the border, I had a box but had to stop to top it up as it was on a pre pay system, but the woman at the office asked me where I was going and told me cost of a return trip there, so I could put on enough to to cover that.