Parking in France

Simon:

GORDON 50:
Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the centre routier at Lille still exists? I followed signs for it about 6 years ago but the signposting fizzled out and I never did find it.

The big old one just to the North of Lille has closed, that’s what I was told a couple of years ago.
There’s a new place about 30 mins South of Lille down the autoroute. I think there’s a parking charge, there are definitely barriers and a ticket system. Plenty of truck parking but the food is of autoroute services standard, which is pretty good tbh, but nowhere near as good as a proper routiers.
This new place is on the left when Southbound, you pass it immediately before the exit but I can’t remember which exit.

Surely the parking charge will be cancelled by a meal receipt, Simon, that’s the norm in the ones that charge now, like Escale at Chateauroux and Maisons Blanches on the N10, for example.

BTW, has anybody seen the massive covered (and solar panelled?) parking at the latter now? Must have cost a bomb. Hope it isn’t reflected in the prices. :unamused: