Working in Stockholm Sweden

Hi everybody,
my better half got a job in Stockholm and i will be following in soon future. Looking for advice on preferably tanker jobs, food or ADR in the area?
Also general advice on life appreciated. Only been commercially driving up to Gothenburg and on west side of Sweden.

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan. Well Hoyer do alot of petrol around Stockholm to gasstations. Dont know if they need any thou. But as it is a big tunnel job in Stockholm i know it is alot of tipperjob going.

Danne

Hi Danne,

Thanks for reply and heads up. I am gonna bombard you with few questions now. :smiley:
Where do the petrol boys run out from? There is port in north east of Stockholm with tank storage aroubd(found on google maps) Horthagen, where boats to Finland go from. Is that the place?
Where would the tipper jobs be based out of? I have found that many of the big logistic companies Schenker post, DHL are base at north west, towards Arlanda airport. Will be approaching these and their subbies for work, preferably going up north. I do enjoy the challenges of winter and off road driving, although local tipper work sound appealing too!

Cheers

Jan

Hi Bud , I also lived in Stockholm with a bird I met on a $99 day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas .
We lived in the industrial suberb of Kista, she worked all day and I was alone so got the tube to the city.
Contrary to belief, Sweden is not full of hot blondes .
Most women are black hair and black eyes.
I stuck it out for 7months but found it depressing due the expense of living and lack of sunlight which affected my moods.
Her Dad was a manager for Kodak and he paid about 70 % in tax, but the lifestyle is good, its clean and a low crime country .

Hi.As Danne says there should be quite a few jobs within the building industry as there are a lot of big Projects under way round Stockholm area.Aguy i work part time for up here also has a co in Stockholm and is quite busy.If you like Winter driving its only a few months more and its back again here.

Czechmate:
Hi Danne,

Thanks for reply and heads up. I am gonna bombard you with few questions now. :smiley:
Where do the petrol boys run out from? There is port in north east of Stockholm with tank storage aroubd(found on google maps) Horthagen, where boats to Finland go from. Is that the place?
Where would the tipper jobs be based out of? I have found that many of the big logistic companies Schenker post, DHL are base at north west, towards Arlanda airport. Will be approaching these and their subbies for work, preferably going up north. I do enjoy the challenges of winter and off road driving, although local tipper work sound appealing too!

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan!

Yes thats the place,just by the boats to Finland. I will try ro see who got the contract for the tipperjob in on the big tuneljob. I think i know but i will check it out. I think they have some job in both ends if you know what i mean,both north and south of Stockholm and to be fair Stockholm aint that big.

Danne

toby1234abc:
Hi Bud , I also lived in Stockholm with a bird I met on a $99 day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas .
We lived in the industrial suberb of Kista, she worked all day and I was alone so got the tube to the city.
I stuck it out for 7months but found it depressing due the expense of living and lack of sunlight which affected my moods.
Her Dad was a manager for Kodak and he paid about 70 % in tax, but the lifestyle is good, its clean and a low crime country .

Most woman have black eyes do they ? :open_mouth:

bald bloke:

toby1234abc:

Most woman have black eyes do they ? :open_mouth:

Well maby he just seen the ones that are werry werry angry :smiley:
Danne

Dirty Dan:

Czechmate:
Hi Danne,

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan!

Yes thats the place,just by the boats to Finland. I will try ro see who got the contract for the tipperjob in on the big tuneljob. I think i know but i will check it out. I think they have some job in both ends if you know what i mean,both north and south of Stockholm and to be fair Stockholm aint that big.

Danne

Thank you. Please let me know when you find the name of the company out.
Do you think the Lack of knowlead of Swedish language will put potential employers off? Or will the be ok communicating in english?

toby1234abc:

I am hoping to pop to Bahamas after getting fed up with the cold and darkness. :smiley:

hutpik:
Hi.As Danne says there should be quite a few jobs within the building industry as there are a lot of big Projects under way round Stockholm area.Aguy i work part time for up here also has a co in Stockholm and is quite busy.If you like Winter driving its only a few months more and its back again here.

Thanks for heads up and taking time to post. I have dropped you PM.

Cheers

How bad the traffic in Stockholm is? do morning and afternoon rush ours like in UK exist?
Also, what are the average earnings for HGV drivers?!
And one more, YKB is CPC(driver certificate of professional competence)? :sunglasses:

Cheers

Jan

Just been in Stockholm for few days. So if anybody is following this, gonna answer my own question. :grimacing: The traffic is not too bad, even at rush hour. Bussy, but moving. :smiley:
Wages little bit higher, but also is the cost of living. Bottom line 30k. Plenty of jobs ATM, wish I could go now. :sunglasses: