Black "a" on a green background sticker

Hi everyone can any of you kind members point me in the right direction as to where i can get hold of those black a on a green background stickers you see on trucks, many thanks in advance Nick

nick very tall:
Hi everyone can any of you kind members point me in the right direction as to where i can get hold of those black a on a green background stickers you see on trucks, many thanks in advance Nick

Italy. The d means perishable, the a means agricultural, normally for tankers and fridges

deperibili.jpg

Agree with Italy, but I thought the A stood for “alimentare”, meaning food?

Harry Monk:

I agree with Harry. I understood the “A” stood for Alimentaire, signifying the trailer carries chilled / refrigerated food products. The “D” stood for Domenica or Sunday in Italian and signified that the operator / Trailer and load were authorised to run on Sundays.

bullitt:

Harry Monk:

I agree with Harry. I understood the “A” stood for Alimentaire, signifying the trailer carries chilled / refrigerated food products. The “D” stood for Domenica or Sunday in Italian and signified that the operator / Trailer and load were authorised to run on Sundays.

I always thought that too, but it actually means derrate deperibili (Perishable) and derrate agricole (Agricultural) Not including animal feeds. We used to load fresh cream, milk, and eggs from Italy in tankers. We need an Italian speaker to confirm this.

Il primo si riferisce al trasporto di prodotti che devono essere trasportati urgentemente a causa della loro natura o di fattori climatici e stagional oltre agli alimenti destinati agli allevamenti animali

Cheers for that WheelNut, you learn something new every day! :smiley:

This is what Google Translate came up with for the Italian translation… “The first refers to the transport of products that must urgently be transported due to their nature or to climatic and stagional factors besides the foods for animals breeding”