Just a wee me time for reflection

This is just a short story on the life as a driver i’ve had. My HGV life started (1974)with the flatbed tie me down and sheet me generation. It was night storage heaters from Dunlop Westayr Irvine. To Birmingham and all points south. Also a lot of Coca cola from Glasgow. I remember the heat wave of 76 so the cokes were good. I had an opportunity to drive locally driving milk tankers with John Maitland and sons(Trabboch Ayrshire) and I stayed there for 9 years. Tired with driving milk tankers (7 days a week) no xmas or new year break. I left and went into electronics as an operator. Never worked inside a factory in my life I was totally out of my depth. You KNOW WHAT i loved it. I went from operator to auditor, associate engineer, engineer, engineering supervisor, Quality manager. £35k plus car + expense account.
Then ■■■■ up, it all went back to china. I was too old for the new generation and to “experienced” for the agencies. Thank god I still had my HGV, I re applied, got my licences and applied to Driver hire. Got a job and holly ■■■■, had the job changed. What the hell was a lifting 5th wheel and the air break button. My last trailer had a ratchet hand break and you had to really power up to the pin. But what the ■■■ was this 58 mph restriction, I used to be 70+ pass Tebay. But if that what the modern world is then go with the flow that’s what i say. Wages are ■■■■■ I was earning that wage 20 year ago so why has the industry let it slip so much…
Right that’s history, the fun part is, rejuvenated after agency indoctrination i found a job with Sorn Milk all the hours you could work no taco for £8 per hour. Really nice people but need some me time. Went to Somerfield’s in east Kilbride, good rates great hours and a really good management team, bought over by the coop and we were all laid off.
This is what I call the fun part, friend from sommerfieds asked if if i would double man on a 6 week contract to Germany, said yes and I loved it. I wanted more. Called Boyle transport (ire) handed a set of keys for a scania v8 500 … Sent to Pardova , never even driven a scania let alone been to Italy. What an experience, great roads, excellent parking and camaraderie from other uk drivers… Can i tell you any young person considering trying European driving, go for it is great, and it gets in your blood and nothing and i mean nothing in the uk can compare.
Did a lot of Italy with Boyle (money ■■■■■■ then Holland and France with Curries (money ■■■■■■ Worked for Davy Malcolm on hanging meat and Fridges, thoroughly enjoyed it best boss ever. Good trucks good money and appreciated… Unfortunately went ■■■■ up.
Now working locally hauling Whiskey home every night… wife tells me her day and night and day and night… God that bed in the DAF does feel good.