Volvo's new cab

Bit odd of Volvo to bring out a new fh16 750 with a whole new motor waiting in the wings?.

NB12:
Bit odd of Volvo to bring out a new fh16 750 with a whole new motor waiting in the wings?.

It still looks the part on a racetrack

I wonder if that is on cruise control :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello!

This vehicle as we not is sure about only can speculate I can say so much that the Lorry is registered at Trafikverket at this address:

trafikverket.se/Om-Trafikver … -Engelska/

and it is registered as a Volvo.

Look here: hankstruckforum.com/htforum/inde … ic=56444.0

Read from the first line. It seems as AB Volvo will stop make Renault Magnum. There writer talk about the all new Volvo. For me it should mean every bolt will be new. But AB Volvo is smart. They can make say 9 new components. Then they introduce the New Volvo and call it for revolution as have cost them 8 milliard. Perhaps right but much is press tools and wages and testing’s and Diesels. Volvo use to upgrade a current Lorry mean there are many old and well used parts. Not wrong do so. Then perhaps they have upgrade the engine, gearboxes and rear axles and of course new cabin.

I got an E-mail from Volvo (I’m subscriber to their newsletter) and there could I read a lot of prospective buyers and journalists from whole South America is invited to an type of car/truck mess last now if my memory is intact. I can get HIH. Vhat■■? Yes Hole In Head haha

But curiously something will happen before 2011 yours end or perhaps 2012.

Have a good day
Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:

NB12:

It still looks the part on a racetrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JKcmNnNdSxI

Like the bit at the end,“microwave ovens kettles, you can live in them” :laughing: :laughing: hey mate clue, bed curtains fridge telly, we do live in them :wink:

eddie snax:

Wheel Nut:

NB12:

It still looks the part on a racetrac

Like the bit at the end,“microwave ovens kettles, you can live in them” :laughing: :laughing: hey mate clue, bed curtains fridge telly, we do live in them :wink:

That can´t be the new cab. The new cab is under testing and masked If am not wrong.

Thank you
Lars-Gunnar

Passed it the other week in Irthlingborough, still wearing the straight jacket, certainly looked like a Stralis.

I’m reliably informed that this is the Globetrotter XXL cab, a Roadtrain spec and the first in the UK ?

I had a quick look inside the cab, the bottom bunk’s a lot bigger than standard but above the top bunk is some decent locker space, presume storage space under the bunk is the same size as the mattress and not taken up by electronic gubbins so all good for the lucky fella that got his name on it

Nice! Yeah, not the ‘new’ cab, but the Aussie spec XXL as you say. As far as Europe’s concerned, only sold in Norway iirc. Do you have a story behind this mate?

I’m not a betting man, but if I was I might just put money on that new truck turning out to be a Renault and a replacement for both the Premium and Magnum.
What I really hope doesn’t happen is that Renault and Volvo end up using the cabs, but knowing how companies love economies of scale and the cost of development it’ll probably happen. :frowning:

Roger Breaker:
Nice! Yeah, not the ‘new’ cab, but the Aussie spec XXL as you say. As far as Europe’s concerned, only sold in Norway irrc. Do you have a story behind this mate?

In for a powder blower and on for Simon Gibson, should be nice with his paint scheme

unbelievable really , will trial 2.5 mtr longer trailers but the industry norm won’t let us have bigger sleepers c’mon another 6 ins wouldn’t hurt would it ?

well thats what me other half keeps mumbling :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

Roger Breaker:
Nice! Yeah, not the ‘new’ cab, but the Aussie spec XXL as you say. As far as Europe’s concerned, only sold in Norway irrc. Do you have a story behind this mate?

was reading in a mag just recently , volvo don’t make the extended cabs themselves any more but i think estepe will do conversions ? could be wrong , …usually am :unamused:

Cheers for that Sniffy, yeah should be very nice! I think they’ve been missing rather a big trick tbh not offering that can over here. I would say they’d be lapped-up by several on bulk and tanks, and with a shopping-trolley midlift and alloys I can’t see how they’d weigh much more than a standard 6x2. Maybe there’s one in the pipeline for the new cab.

MolePower:
unbelievable really , will trial 2.5 mtr longer trailers but the industry norm won’t let us have bigger sleepers c’mon another 6 ins wouldn’t hurt would it ?

Too right fella!

MolePower:
well thats what me other half keeps mumbling :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

:grimacing:

Roger Breaker:

• Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Holland.

jonas a:

Roger Breaker:

and Sweden, Denmark, Holland.

If you don’t include Sweden, Denmark & Holland, it’s only sold in Norway! :wink: obviously ‘i didnt rc’! :wink:

Roger Breaker:

jonas a:

Roger Breaker:

and Sweden, Denmark, Holland.

If you don’t include Sweden, Denmark & Holland, it’s only sold in Norway! :wink: obviously ‘i didnt rc’! :wink:

Yes that’s true. I read somewhere the sales of the XXL cab are going slow so anyone can order one if they want one.

ill have to dig out and old T&D mag, but there was a duth owner driver had an xxl cab, looked nice with smooth sided to cab, but dont think there was much difference in way of cab, except wider bunk, which can really see in picture.

Sniffy:
I’m reliably informed that this is the Globetrotter XXL cab, a Roadtrain spec and the first in the UK ?

I had a quick look inside the cab, the bottom bunk’s a lot bigger than standard but above the top bunk is some decent locker space, presume storage space under the bunk is the same size as the mattress and not taken up by electronic gubbins so all good for the lucky fella that got his name on it

Wonder how Mr Gibson decides who gets the new ride !

Tell you what, if you pull into VOSA with a Bull nose anything or a Longline Scania with a 45 foot anything they will have you…

HOWEVER… i’d happily run that on a 45’ because even though it is bigger, it’s not in your face HUGE… I bet they would never even notice, and close coupled i bet it falls within anyway.

Nice truck!