Scania Centurions

mechanic77:
Two more Centurions, both started out belonging to owner drivers working for Langdons of Taunton. The blue one belongs to restorer Ashley Pearce and the red one is my dads and still works.

[/img]

Sorry to bring up a old post
Seem this one on eBay a few weeks back I think she was priced up at 75k “someone quote me if I’m wrong”

HI its still on ebay £55k ebay number180986300112

Legend_Scania:

mechanic77:
Two more Centurions, both started out belonging to owner drivers working for Langdons of Taunton. The blue one belongs to restorer Ashley Pearce and the red one is my dads and still works.

[/img]

Sorry to bring up a old post
Seem this one on eBay a few weeks back I think she was priced up at 75k “someone quote me if I’m wrong”

Here are a few from my collection of old pics. sorry about the quality of some of them!

I know about the blue one on eBay but it’s a bit strong in the money for
Me ? Is there any others out there for sale would really like some help !!
Cheers

has anybody got any photos of centurian no 67.or any details on this lorry

Ulceby.

Recent reports are that i have a centurion cab in my 143 more investigation will be done to make sure possibly 007 pls check?

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby.

Should be in the old girls still working thread!

kevchalluk:

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby.

and definitely not in this thread, as that is definitely not a Centurian :wink:

richmond:
Recent reports are that i have a centurion cab in my 143 more investigation will be done to make sure possibly 007 pls check?

007 didnt exist, its mentioned earlier in this thread.

shuttlespanker:

kevchalluk:

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby.

and definitely not in this thread, as that is definitely not a Centurian :wink:

OK mate.

I have got the badge for 007 or a centurion badge for 007 ? It came with the truck ? Actually this pic was taken last nov in qatar , trucks still down there waiting for me to bring it bacj

image.jpg

Is that the plastic one off the side?
It should also have a brass/gold one on the grill.

I am not sure if there were any LHD centurions, somebody on here would be better informed than me on that.
So you are saying that the truck isnt a centurion, but the cab is??

Well your right and your also wrong!we have been doing a little research into its history as well, apparently it was a lhd truck ordered for a uk operator cos it was lhd but specced with rhd headlights, comptons of poole had it, they then had an accident so it was recabbed with a rhd centurion cab,but the cab was again converted to lhd, the truck the cab came off was allegegedly a centurion. So that would make mine 50? Thats the story i have, its probably wrong!

All the Scanias in 1991 had the brass badge on the grill, only centurions had the plastic badges on the doors and centurion logo on the sun visor.

Found me badge, was in the cupboard in the kichen under the yellow pages, 2001…

Cold Up North:
I am not sure if there were any LHD centurions, somebody on here would be better informed than me on that.

“eat more chips” Mortimers definitely had a LHD centurion. Not sure of the number but it was a 4x2 and I can remember it being on their fleet into the early 2000s.

As for Richmond’s truck I remember it when Mark Compton had it and I do think it had the centurion badges on the cab sides and sun visor at the time. There is a pic on the toprun site of the truck still in white with Compton on the headboard and i’m in sure they are on it then. I don’t remember him ever mentioning it being re-cabbed but do know he did have the truck from new and it was him who had both the tag and cab conversions done.

Cheers
Neilf

Scott Carter:
my dad owned J10 PCT which was centurion number 10 i think not sure what happened to it though.

I got a pic of that here

Used to see it fairly regularly in Goole too