New bbc one "truckers" on the way folks

BBC One’s long gestating dramedy series Truckers has found a director. My sources tell me that Sheree Folkson has signed on to direct numerous episodes of the series. Folkson’s previous credits include Sky Atlantic’s Hit & Miss and TF1′s Jo. While one source tells me that Sheree Folkson will be helming all five episodes of the series, I’m also hearing rumblings that there may be a second director in the mix, but I’ve been unable to confirm that. Created by William Ivory, Truckers has been described as a bitter-sweet character-driven show about getting by in difficult times. The series follows a rogue’s gallery of irascible characters, men and women, all of whom work for the same haulage company driving 40 ton articulated lorries across the Midlands. Company Pictures is producing, with Faye Dorn serving as series producer.

Oh no, it sounds like a remake of Dogfood Dan and the Caravan Cowboy or whatever that woeful series was…I remember watching 10 minutes of that before escaping to the pub.

Sounds good will look forward to watching that one.

Wonder how long it will take Joe Public to assume all lorry drivers are like the ones in the series? Especially if dipicted in a “I’m thick, and fat and can’t do anything else” kind of light

Sounds interesting, keep us posted …

degsy4wheels:
Wonder how long it will take Joe Public to assume all lorry drivers are like the ones in the series? Especially if dipicted in a “I’m thick, and fat and can’t do anything else” kind of light

+1

Might be worth a look.

Hope they,ve all got Hi Viz

Hope they,ve all got Hi Viz

Anybody remember the truckers series in the mid eighties on bbc1? Watched it as a kid and remember a fridge breaking down and a numpty dropping a boat of a standard flat trailer… not exactly a bafta winning show but was amusing to watch at the age of 13.

re Dogfood
imdb.com/title/tt0096567/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

a bit of a CB thing as well as it had been recently legalised

and this
imdb.com/title/tt0272416/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

diggerrus:
Anybody remember the truckers series in the mid eighties on bbc1? Watched it as a kid and remember a fridge breaking down and a numpty dropping a boat of a standard flat trailer… not exactly a bafta winning show but was amusing to watch at the age of 13.

Yeah, i watched that as a kid, green transcon, a merc, someone called the eggman. I have been looking for a copy of it for a couple of years.

The Brothers.

Whatever happened to the rumoured docusoap based on Ainscough Crane Hire?

cargocargocargo:

It’s up in the air at the moment. :smiley:

whats the bleedin point when we just had the es trucks and trailers based on real life series

cargocargocargo:

Its hanging in the balance

Sidevalve:

cargocargocargo:

It’s up in the air at the moment. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

degsy4wheels:

why would they think that ? :open_mouth:

Can’t be any worse than how truck drivers are depicted in the Stobart series !