Williams F1 looking for a race team truckie!

You’ll need some previous experience, plus knowledge of packing of transport of road/sea/air freight and FLT operations. And will be away from home, but not in a layby, for long periods.

More info at: http://www.williamsf1.com at the “Recruitment” option, under the “Team” heading. Closing date for applications; 19 April 2013

That job sounds bloody excellent, someone is going to get the job of a lifetime there :slight_smile:

Should this job not be advertised by an agency? :smiley: Every other driving job is. :imp:

If only I wasn’t married :wink:

Wow what a job for someone :smiley: would love to do that.

Williams f1 be aware…PLEASE.do not apply for this job because they can ask the driver to do other work like moving tyres and boxes and unloading and stuff… also cadogan and tate!! :wink: :wink:

You’d need to have a chat with an ex race team support ‘truckie’ to fully understand just how glamorous the job isn’t.

■■■■ it im applying for this later tonight. Ive got naff all experience in motorsport but i can reverese a trailer through the eye of a needle blindfolded :laughing: Thats gotta count :grimacing:

I applied for the last one with mercedes, those stobart cocksuckers must have rubbered my application. Wee dicks!

I think i should keep my views on Pastor Maldonado being a dirty ■■■■■■ hacking cheat to myself though!

Imagine the patter i would bring to their garage and let me tell you there would be no fires on my watch frankie boy :wink:

If you think an normal job is hard to get try this one.You definitely have be a certain type with lots of experience and not just driving trucks.
The other major problem is that it usually just for one season then you have to go back to your old job if it is still available.
Anyone that thinks it is easy and glamourous is in for an almighty shock.

Load of posers showing off in their flash cars, yawn…

I cant beleive they actually use the word ‘truckie’ .

Dogsbodys job

I’ve never done F1 but I’ve done similar and I’d say that it’s definitely not the job for 99% of truck drivers, it’s more like rock ‘n’ roll or roadshow work, if you only want to drive then it’s not for you.

And dont even think you will be watching the race, pack, unpack, polish, sweep, clean and every other job you can think of driving will be the least of your worries.

Dafman:
And dont even think you will be watching the race, pack, unpack, polish, sweep, clean and every other job you can think of driving will be the least of your worries.

So 5% driving. 95% other work… :smiley:

A friend of mine drove for Frank when they were winning races.He misses it but he was missing his wife and kids, it certainly isn’t just driving, there is a lot of cleaning, a lot of waiting and a lot of beautiful women, although the truck driver is normally asleep or chasing a deadline when they are around.

Mick also operated the fuel rig so you could see him on TV quite a lot. :wink:

Wheel Nut:
…it certainly isn’t just driving, there is a lot of cleaning, a lot of waiting and a lot of beautiful women…

This post is useless without pictures.

Wheel Nut:
A friend of mine drove for Frank when they were winning races.He misses it but he was missing his wife and kids, it certainly isn’t just driving, there is a lot of cleaning, a lot of waiting and a lot of beautiful women, although the truck driver is normally asleep or chasing a deadline when they are around.

Mick also operated the fuel rig so you could see him on TV quite a lot. :wink:

twenty years ago? Then they moved to grove near wantage didn’t they! :grimacing:

Contraflow:

Wheel Nut:
…it certainly isn’t just driving, there is a lot of cleaning, a lot of waiting and a lot of beautiful women…

This post is useless without pictures.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So you wont be having a pint with jensen lewis and all the other drivers then

kr79:
So you wont be having a pint with jensen lewis and all the other drivers then

Maybe not a pint but your team drivers will defo know you by name because it is their car you’re looking after. I was watching the F1 last year and seen rosberg talking to the black stobart driver with big smile who you seen on the tv series.

Yous are all doom and gloom. Of course it aint gona be glamorous but what a life it will be, the sights, the sounds the stories you will have to tell your grand kids.

Here is me sitting in tesco livi with my soul being stole from me second by second, when there are jobs like this kicking about.