Yesterdays facebook moan

Copied from my facebook

Ashamed to be a lorry driver. Just stopped in a lay by on the A14 to look at my map. I am appalled at the litter and all manner of nasty things strewn around. It’s not as if a bin hasn’t been supplied. And they moan cos we are viewed in a bad light. :frowning:

Anyone else noticed this issue getting worse?

Can’t stand litter bugs, think they should be shot. :smiling_imp:

MR VAIN:
I am appalled at the litter and all manner of nasty things strewn around.

I’ts not necessary all us lorry drivers who leave their crap behind i’ve seen many a time teenagers chucking out their empty fast food packets and bottles onto verges as well as other types of people dumping things.

MR VAIN:
Copied from my facebook
Ashamed to be a lorry driver. Just stopped in a lay by on the A14 to look at my map. I am appalled at the litter and all manner of nasty things strewn around. It’s not as if a bin hasn’t been supplied. And they moan cos we are viewed in a bad light. :frowning:

I try and resist (really :unamused: ) to comment (again :unamused: yawn!) about lay by parking, but if proper parking facilities ,as there once was, were to be provided, and we were treated like human beings instead of one step up from the (banned on here :unamused: ) “P” word people, the problem would be only partly sorted. O/night lay by parking was banned in parts of ■■■■■■■ because of mess, but I never saw any artics going through the source of most of the said rubbish, ie Maccy Ds drive thru, but as usual the truckers were blamed.

robroy:

MR VAIN:
Copied from my facebook

I try and resist (really :unamused: ) to comment (again :unamused: yawn!) about lay by parking, but if proper parking facilities ,as there once was, were to be provided, and we were treated like human beings instead of one step up from the (banned on here :unamused: ) “P” word people, the problem would be only partly sorted. O/night lay by parking was banned in parts of ■■■■■■■ because of mess, but I never saw any artics going through the source of most of the said rubbish, ie Maccy Ds drive thru, but as usual the truckers were blamed.

Agree about lack of proper facilities, but even if you provide the perfect parking area, some ■■■■■■■■ will still throw their rubbish out of the window. On the track in my village where I walk my dog, somebody recently dumped 3 black bags of household rubbish in the ditch. It’s well away from any houses, they must have driven there, there’s a free public tip a mile or so away — I rest my case.
Bernard

off topic a tad but I the same sort of category
Delivering to Usk Garden centre yesterday …driver pulls out from delivering and pulls up in the car park out the way.
As I pull round to back up he’s stood at front of his motor washing the wheel :angry:

All the ■■■■ had to do was walk 50yrds to the main building and use the loo…

bald bloke:

MR VAIN:

I’ts not necessary all us lorry drivers who leave their crap behind i’ve seen many a time teenagers chucking out their empty fast food packets and bottles onto verges as well as other types of people dumping things.

Ain’t that the truth. Few weeks ago I was in Collumpton services and they seem to be a meeting point for groups of youngsters showing off their cars and the like. The piles of Maccy D packaging left either side of the vehicles was shocking, and the Boys in Blue who were also in attendance didn’t seem unduly bothered. That said I did also see a trucker use the rubber urinal so maybe the race is to the bottom when thinking of decent behaviour.

That’s the trouble with alot of people in today’s world, their too ■■■■ lazy to get off their backside and put stuff in the bin. I was taught from a young age (by parents and through school), that littering was bad/selfish/lazy/scruffy etc. I’d feel too guilty to throw my rubbish on the floor these days, just built in now to keep hold of it until I find a bin.

was once walking past a learner who was parked at stockyard ts ,the driver chucked some paper out of his window so i picked it up handed it back to him an said “ere drive ,think you dropped summat” ,the look on his face was priceless

Here’s a thought why not carry a bin bag and a litter picker and pick some of it up yourself?
Then bill the council or Highways agency for your time ?
You could even tell the papers what your doing!

Most Likely 7 things to be found in laybys:-

Discarded brown bags with half-eaten fast food
2ltr coke bottles filled with what appears to be ■■■■ (No, I’m not going to open one to see if it’s actually lemon and lime!)
Fallen off mudguards - small ones
Second Hand condoms - only judged to be second hand, because they look slimey on the ground, and are out of their packet.
Empty “Strong Brew” tins - Do any pro drivers actually drink this stuff?
A parked-up nobbies or stobart combination hogging whatever space there might have been for another wagon to park up…
Some middle-aged git trying to sell insurance (Some of them are female “gits” too - tweedy suits, stink of beer and ■■■■, and yet a well-spoken home counties accent…)

Out of the 7, only the actual wagons themselves are clearly related to lorry drivers… At least I’d hope so. :open_mouth:

…and here’s 7 things the public think lorry drivers leave in laybys

Fast food bags
Dead women rolled up in a carpet
Dead rats cleaned out of the overhead locker
Puddles of ■■■■
Trailers, which someone in a car will park right in front of
Distraught hitchikers
The wagons themselves - many members of the public don’t realise that there are drivers asleep in them!

bald bloke:

MR VAIN:

Blame others…it’s the easiest way! Litter louts are scum…If there are no available bins…keep the rubbish and put it in the next available bin.

Lorry drivers …car drivers…every day throwing rubbish out their windows…scum of the earth.

Winseer:

Fast food bags
Puddles of ■■■■
Distraught hitchikers
The wagons themselves - many members of the public don’t realise that there are drivers asleep in them!

Just a thought- have others returned to a trailer in their unit only to find another-locked- vehicle blocking the trailer in? How have they got round the problem? And were they supposed to have dropped the trailer there in the first place? :wink:

Winseer:

Fast food bags
Puddles of ■■■■
Distraught hitchikers

3 or possibly 4 are spot on, draw your own conclusions which depending on your habits :wink:

Bottles of p*** lying by the side of the carriageway has to be the worse

A free LGV parking area in Melksham got closed down, neighbours reported the area being used as a loo, and urine along their fences, one resident told the paper that she saw a female driver getting undressed in her sleeper cab, complaints of noise and general nuisance, so the council shut it to trucks.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Winseer:

Fast food bags
Puddles of ■■■■
Distraught hitchikers

Just a thought- have others returned to a trailer in their unit only to find another-locked- vehicle blocking the trailer in? How have they got round the problem? And were they supposed to have dropped the trailer there in the first place? :wink:

I’ve dropped the trailer in a layby once so I could get into a petrol station and came back and someone had tipped a load of gravel in front of it. Luckily a bloke turned up with a 8 wheel grab about 20 minutes later and then spent well over an hour clearing it out of the way. It was one with a big grass separation so hooking up at right angles wasn’t an option.

Maybe I should learn my lesson in going off the beaten track for fuel. :blush:

It is a socioty in general problem with litter but drivers pulling up in a services etc and getting out ■■■■■■■ up the wheel is disgusting. Nothing worse than opening your door to be greeted by that stale ■■■■ smell

I sometimes walk my dogs on the North downs but in the middle of the back of nowhere I find a parking area, it’s full of McD&KFC wrappers Red Bull cans&Glens vodka bottles, lorry drivers I think not,must be the local chavs/townies/neds (delete as required depending on your location) :angry: