South Mimms MSA

That’s all that truck drivers are in the U.K in 2017. Meat and Bone! Used,abused and thrown away.

image-216x300.jpg

Tone-Loc:
That’s all that truck drivers are in the U.K in 2017. Meat and Bone! Used,abused and thrown away.

Where did this come from?

It came from eight and a half years in the past!

Lucy:
They had an “offer” (Their words) on before Xmas. Only £17.50 now. :open_mouth: Don’t know how long for though…Personally I only ever end up in there when trying and failing to make J26. :cry:

I stopped there Tuesday £33.80 paying with fuelcard for parking with meal voucher

Uncleskid:

Lucy:
They had an “offer” (Their words) on before Xmas. Only £17.50 now. :open_mouth: Don’t know how long for though…Personally I only ever end up in there when trying and failing to make J26. :cry:

I stopped there Tuesday £33.80 paying with fuelcard for parking with meal voucher

33 pounds ■■■■■■■ 80■■? :open_mouth:

Jesus wept.

rob22888:
33 pounds [zb] 80■■? :open_mouth:

Jesus wept.

It’s londun innit … :unamused:

ive only stopped the once and glad ill never have to again as we now have a yard up the road in hatfield.but on another note has anyone wonder over to welcome breaks area to see if they have a shower in there if so whats it like.as it be handy if i just needed a shower while on a 45 if i could not make our depot in hatfield.also it save having to pay £3 for a show in the truck stop if ur not parking.

South Mimms-frozen in time.

caption competition:
South Mimms MSA…is totally zb zb zb zb pants,along with most "other"rip off poor quality major service provider msa"s.
have i won?? :smiley:

■■■■ me its only gone up £8 since the 1st post was written in 2003 :unamused: …toilets and showers are much improved now imo :wink:

still a ■■■■■■■ rip off though :wink:

why do these years old posts keep being trawled up from the depths.■■ :unamused: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What a wonderful time I had at South Mimms services on Monday 15th December. Thought I’d share it with you all.
Running out of time quite quickly and decided to make for South Mimms as I had a high value load of copper s.c.r.a.p. in the 40’. Pulled up at the gate and was asked for £15.00, “■■■■ back” I thought to myself but paid up anyway because things must be much improved now that Welcome Break are in charge!
Go into garage and swap vehicle keys for shower key and hurry along to see the gold plated taps and gold lame shower curtain that I would expect for that amount of money. Well, I opened the door and prepared to settle on the toilet, like a brooding chicken, lifted the seat and saw what could only be described as the result of a previous person whos backside was halfway up his back. Needless to say I couldn’t use it. So, had a shower (no gold taps or anything else).
Then excitedly went to the restaurant to inspect the lovely bone china tea cups and serviettes in the finest linen (which you would expect at these prices), but lo and behold, there was the usual cutlery which had more food sticking to it than I had on my plate when it arrived. Talking of which, I ordered Steak & Ale pie at £5.45 washed down with a cheeky little number from the Coke machine (small glass of Diet Coke = 75p). Played a game called spot the lumps of meat in the pie (but only found 4, the rest was liquid) The glass also suffered the same fate as the cutlery. I held up the now empty glass and had trouble seeing through to the other side because of all the crud attached to it from previous outings.
So, all in all, well done Night Owl/Welcome Break or whoever is ripping us off now, you’ve managed to raise prices by 50% and improve services by NIL %. In fact I think you’ve managed to let things slip even more.
Keep going and you’ll either poison all your client base or price them into lay-bys and all that entails… :frowning: