When will they learn lol

another stuck in somerset bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-21291471

already posted lol
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95767

oops sorry

Gutted, but i do wonder if its healthy at times to go international if you dont speak any language and can’t read signs…

voodoo1:
Gutted, but i do wonder if its healthy at times to go international if you dont speak any language and can’t read signs…

from poland he’s come thru 4 countries with 3 different languages. is he realy expected to speake all of these plus english. road signs are mostly pictures and are very similar thruout europe. thay usually can get by in more languages than most of our drivers

voodoo1:

You needn’t worry. If you are eastern european you can always ring your depot in the UK as the eastern european planner or telephonist will find out for you.

chester1:
from poland he’s come thru 4 countries with 3 different languages. is he realy expected to speake all of these plus english. road signs are mostly pictures and are very similar thruout europe. thay usually can get by in more languages than most of our drivers

Hey, this is the EU. Soon there will have to be signs in at least 3 languages in each country. I heard on the radio today that Polish is the 2nd most spoken language in the UK today. I know a lot of English people who speak Spanish or French. So what does that tell you ?

Does anyone know how much of an insurance premium an eastern european company would be paying for insurance to drive in this country. From what I’ve heard on hear say, the insurance cost in them countries is very cheap, surely there must be some insurance companies who collapse when they get a bill for damaging a house here ?

Kerbdog:

voodoo1:

You needn’t worry. If you are eastern european you can always ring your depot in the UK as the eastern european planner or telephonist will find out for you.

chester1:

Hey, this is the EU. Soon there will have to be signs in at least 3 languages in each country. I heard on the radio today that Polish is the 2nd most spoken language in the UK today. I know a lot of English people who speak Spanish or French. So what does that tell you ?

lol most of the drivers i know can get by with plaese thank you and can order a beer and make themselves understood thay need loading in a cpl of languages but any more than that thay are screwed .most east european drivers will speake english and german to a good level

Kerbdog:

voodoo1:

chester1:

That genuinely shocked me I thought Urdu would be more widely spoken than polish.

kr79:
That genuinely shocked me I thought Urdu would be more widely spoken than polish.

I was thinking about that, but the program said Polish was the second most prevalent ‘first language’, so I’m guessing it’s because Gujurat, Urdu etc. speakers are now more often than not second or third generation so, generally speaking having gone through UK schools, it would be classed as their second language even if they do speak it more in the street and at home.