Stobart to pull plug on chilled division!

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … d-division

Stobart Group has revealed it is to discontinue its chilled operation (once Innovate Logistics) “as a stand alone unit”.

Surely that means that they will just incorporate it into its distribution network , if so we will be seeing more curtain sided freezer trailers lol

Wagman:

Stobart Group has revealed it is to discontinue its chilled operation (once Innovate Logistics) “as a stand alone unit”.

Surely that means that they will just incorporate it into its distribution network , if so we will be seeing more curtain sided freezer trailers lol

Discontinue in business terms is usually another word for closing, so could mean another few hundred drivers out of work along with the warehouse staff :frowning:

Well maybe,

But unless the companies the chilled division was working for have gone out of business then the goods will still have to be moved. So the total number of drivers in employment may not change. Irrespective of economic ups and downs people still have to eat, so food still has to be transported.

In times like these the safest sectors to be in are either food or domestic waste transport.

GasGas:
Well maybe,

But unless the companies the chilled division was working for have gone out of business then the goods will still have to be moved. So the total number of drivers in employment may not change. Irrespective of economic ups and downs people still have to eat, so food still has to be transported.

In times like these the safest sectors to be in are either food or domestic waste transport.

You’ve made me feel happier; Done a week of nights for Fresh Direct, tomorrow it’s Warburtons.
Next week it’s an assessment for council dustcarts.
I think I’ll enrol at college for midwifery and as a funeral director and I’ll never be short of work again!

There’s some interesting reading in the papers to-day about a court case involving some dealings of the two “chuckle brothers” concerning the suspended chief constable of ■■■■■■■ and the purchase and sale of carlisle international airport,by the sound of it no wonder the “chuckles” wanted to keep the “whistleblower” quiet at all costs,the court case is continuing !!

GasGas:
Well maybe,

Hopefully we will pick up some more of Stobart chilled work as we’ve already pinched a bit last year.

Bit misleading, pulling the plug usually means they are putting it up for sale, but i read it as if they are just closing depots to reduce costs??

If stobarts are struggling in the chilled sector using the day/night man model then most of their contracts must be paying absolute buttons??

Id always assumed chilled/frozen work always paid more than general haulage?? Maybe all stobart is good at is one hitters.

merc0447:
Bit misleading, pulling the plug usually means they are putting it up for sale, but i read it as if they are just closing depots to reduce costs??

If stobarts are struggling in the chilled sector using the day/night man model then most of their contracts must be paying absolute buttons??

Id always assumed chilled/frozen work always paid more than general haulage?? Maybe all stobart is good at is one hitters.

Chilled should and does insome cases pay more but the costs are higher as well

edwardj:

merc0447:

Chilled should and does insome cases pay more but the costs are higher as well

especially all them 50p’s needed for electricity meter to keep refrigeration on in warehouses :smiley:

Is this a sign of what’s to come for stobarts ■■!..

Worked for Corby Chilled, then it was Innovate and then Stobart at the Corby Depot. When they shut the Corby and Alcester Depots and moved to Magna Park they made a complete mess off it. Deliveries were running 1 to 2 days late, and were getting refused at Tesco’s. They had to open up the Corby depot to store all the refused goods (filled it up), and then take it up north east (can’t remember where) to get it deposed off. They lost a lot of contracts, spoke to a few drivers that I know that went to Magna Park and they all said it was really quiet (not enough work), the same at Newark. The manager who was involved in the move to Magna Park was sacked. I feel sorry for the drivers at Newark and Heywood depots, losing there jobs through the fault of inept management.

merc0447:

definatly more money in multidrop thats where the extra is so doing one hit all the time definatly not the best way

Kevwall:

it’s the PLANNERS! :laughing: couldn’t RUN A BATH! :open_mouth: :unamused: :sunglasses: planning managers covering THEIR tracks by fiddling isotrack to make DRIVERS look like liars! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: to top it all off, THEY have a helpdesk the thick barstewards! :smiley: THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY’RE GOING TO GET, and THEY’RE GOING TO GET EVERYTHING THEY DESERVE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: and to think that they’ve got problems with frauding over the airport, just wait till holiday pay gets going! :open_mouth: already been to supreme court and lost to drivers! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: these so called high flyers :unamused: on loads of money :open_mouth: are going to get a SHOCK! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: HR DEPT ARE NOT EXEMPT EITHER! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: deep joy! :grimacing: :grimacing: that’s for all the drivers you’ve shafted over the last five to six years you arrogant and ignorant bunch of Richard heads! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Kevwall:

it’s the PLANNERS! :laughing: couldn’t RUN A BATH! :open_mouth: :unamused: :sunglasses: planning managers covering THEIR tracks by fiddling isotrack to make DRIVERS look like liars! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: to top it all off, THEY have a helpdesk the thick barstewards! :smiley: THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY’RE GOING TO GET, and THEY’RE GOING TO GET EVERYTHING THEY DESERVE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: and to think that they’ve got problems with frauding over the airport, just wait till holiday pay gets going! :open_mouth: already been to supreme court and lost to drivers! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: these so called high flyers :unamused: on loads of money :open_mouth: are going to get a SHOCK! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: HR DEPT ARE NOT EXEMPT EITHER! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: deep joy! :grimacing: :grimacing: that’s for all the drivers you’ve shafted over the last five to six years you arrogant and ignorant bunch of Richard heads! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

You’re not amused then ?

Fatboy slimslow:

Kevwall:

Jeez your giving globby a run for his money with that rant. :open_mouth:

GasGas:
Well maybe,

And toilet rolls out of Prudhoe :smiley:

Stobarts are doing what they did to Leeds depot! Long service lads are costing too much money! They seem to have picked up this attitude from association with Tossco!! :unamused:

Or is it something to do with Horses and burgers!! :laughing:

i can see and think long time who should be Stobart close some Depo,or leaving chill section.mainly all delivery to Tesco.mainly in trailers abut just 15 pallets.make collection as well not full lorry.so for profit it is very bad situation.Stobart (Magna park)good company for drivers,but no profit from this job i think.

Great stuff, more fridge work to pick up for us fridge lads.
But what next for stobarts where’s he gona stick his nose in now to ruin another sector of the industry.
I half expect my paper boy on a Sundays will be wairing a stobart jacket an high vis but they would only deliver wrong bloody paper :smiley: :smiley: