4 x 10 hour consecutive driving days

Have you, would you, could you?

Drive 4 x 10 hours on consecutive days taking reduced 9 hrs rest on each of the 3 nights?

What? What has reduced rest got to do with anything?

Only allowed two 10 hour drives between weekly rest periods.

Domestic?

WildGoose:

Wrong. You mean two times in a week :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

WildGoose:

Wrong Wheel Nut … it’s “twice” in a week :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

2X in a fixed week monday-sunday! If your week starts on a Friday you can do:
9 Fri
10 sat
10 Sun
10 Mon
10 Tues
9 Weds

Quote from VOSA website

The maximum daily driving time is 9 hours
The maximum daily driving time can be increased to 10 hours twice a week

pierrot 14:

Wheel Nut:

WildGoose:

Wrong Wheel Nut … it’s “twice” in a week :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

:unamused: :question:

Just read the latest GV262 on the subject.

I’m not certain it’s clear enough on this particular point to say for certain whether a Sat Sun Mon Tue 10 hour drive is possible.

It might be technically, the fixed week is Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400, but it seems to go against the spirit of it.

Wheel Nut:

pierrot 14:

Wheel Nut:

WildGoose:

just correcting your grammar sorry :grimacing:

pierrot 14:

Wheel Nut:

pierrot 14:

Wheel Nut:

WildGoose:

just correcting your grammar sorry :grimacing:

Try using the word twice or fortnight in Europe, they will think you are Polish :laughing:

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf

Page 19 for the doubters.

Driveroneuk:
Have you, would you, could you?

Drive 4 x 10 hours on consecutive days taking reduced 9 hrs rest on each of the 3 nights?

Under the right conditions it’s perfectly legal to have 10 hours drives on 4 consecutive shifts and have a reduced daily rest period at the end of three of those same shifts.

As has already been said by Fileep legally you could have extended driving shifts on Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday, you could also have reduced daily rest periods after 3 of those shifts.

As for the question “Have you, would you, could you?”.

1. I haven’t
  2. I would try not to
  3. legally I could

WildGoose:
It might be technically, the fixed week is Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400, but it seems to go against the spirit of it.

Technically is what VOSA and the courts use, nobody ever got punished for breaking the spirit of a law.

Paul

repton:

WildGoose:

Technically is what VOSA and the courts use, nobody ever got punished for breaking the spirit of a law.

Paul

Agree with Rep,

there is no technically about it, the law is the law if you can do it then do it spirit of the law means nothing at all to this and you can not get prosecuted for abiding by the rules …

Working four on four off I have done this when i was working sat sun mon tue.

I thought a week was the period between two weekly rest breaks, regardless of what day of the week it starts on? If you work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed then you can only increase your daily driving time to 10hrs on any two of those days. The same as if you work Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. Or maybe I’m wrong :confused:

Yeah I always thought that extended driving and reduced rests both were carried out between weekly rest periods. So maybe that’s 2 of us that have got it wrong

dar1976:
So maybe that’s 2 of us that have got it wrong

well at least that is a correct statement :smiley:

milodon:

dar1976:
So maybe that’s 2 of us that have got it wrong

well at least that is a correct statement :smiley:

The ‘maybe’ was a mistake.