A74M Overnight

I’ve got a run up to Glasgow tomorrow and expect my run will end up with me taking a night out somewhere north of Carlisle. I’m not to keen on MSAs but will be running a flat empty back, so suggestions or ideas for places to stop on the way back? Not too keen on the layby-next to the road option unless it’s a bit further back than right at the edge… :wink:

TIA :smiley:

golden fleece.

Huh? I’ve already got a blue fleece, a black one and… well, I’ve got that flo-yellow one that I acquired from Xamtex but not a golden one :smiley:

Lockerbie truckstop!

The Red Moss,between J12 and J13 of the M74 on the old A74,now the B7078.

If you get as far as carlise come off head into carlise turn left opisite tesco and when you see john deeriies on the right back into that road nice n quiet and walking distance to the toby carvery on the main road

dessy:
Lockerbie truckstop!

^^ This, pretty good, not too noisy, food’s good, shower’s good, and price isn’t bad.

waynedl:

dessy:
Lockerbie truckstop!

^^ This, pretty good, not too noisy, food’s good, shower’s good, and price isn’t bad.

I like lockerbie just dont park where they do the trailer exchanges

if you got time run up to crawford and go in to the village you can park on the crawford arms hotel car park (pay) n get meal in pub just a bit further up road is a public car park (free) and at top end of village theres a cafe big parking area but not very level

Thought it was the M74 now and not the A74M since the upgrade into England! :laughing:

Lockerbie Truckstop is about 30 miles north of Carlisle at Jct 15/16 or Annandale services follow the old B7076 back over the motorway and it’s on the left from the north or right from the south! :laughing:

Lesmahago :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:

Closed and is now a Tesco superstore! :open_mouth:

ecclefechan

There are dozens of nice quiet laybys on the old road, truck parks in villages and basically park where you like in Scotland, they cannot clamp you :laughing:

dessy:

Pat Hasler:

Closed and is now a Tesco superstore! :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It’s the end of life as we know it :cry:
Don’t tell me you can’t stop at Crawford either ?

Where the Truck stop was at Lesmahagow is now a tesco–But–across the road(which used to be the overspill truck park) someone has levelled out the ground,put in concrete strips and look to be opening a truck parking area—don’t know what facilities it’s going to have tho.

Davyboy:
ecclefechan

Can’t have cake and eat. :laughing:

Redrorry:

Davyboy:
ecclefechan

Can’t have cake and eat. :laughing:

tarts surely! :laughing:

dessy:
Lockerbie truckstop!

+2.

Ken.

You can park at the Greyhound stadium at Gretna or there are a few decent quiet quiet laybys on the old A74 (B7076)JCN16 just north of Johnstonebridge if you dont get down that far.