Newcastle

Maybe it’s just me. But was in central Newcastle upon Tyne the other day. Great people, no problem there, it’s just the roads. Was delivering to M & S. The roads are a night mare. Can’t turn right, ‘no car lanes’ (bus lanes) to you and me switch from the nearside to the off side lane. No roundabouts like London and else where. Miss a turn and you have to go out of town to find a round about to come back. Think the road planners must have something against the people of Newcastle.

I think the biggest mistake Truck Drivers make in Newcastle is ignore the “No Car Lanes” brilliant idea and a big help to Trucks and Busses.

Cant say I’ve ever had difficulty finding a roundabout in Newcastle :confused: :confused: :confused:

In the City Centre there are 5 that I can think of off hand, Swan House, Gallowgate, Haymarket, Sandyford House, cant think of the name of the other one but it’s outside Eldon Square :confused:

It’s pretty straightforward driving through the city centre, it’s when you want the likes of Grey Street and Nelson Street that you get the problems because of the one way system.

The amount of Truck Drivers I have seen that dont use the no car lanes though amazes me, I’m sure they think they are bus lanes Lol

Yep thats what i thought, they were bus lanes Doh! You just assume that if its a different colour its a bus lane and what with trying to find the place and watch traffic in unfamiliar streets. I was in Percy Street and the delivery entrance is beside the bus station. But its not marked. Still i know Percy street now must have gone up and down it 4 times.

As an exiled Geordie now educating the people of Yorkshire,I agree totally with Davey.

Not only is the City fairly easy enough to drive through,we also have the best pub/club scene in the country,the best people,the famous stottie,more bridges in one area to cross a river than anywhere else,one of the best football teams,and the Metro centre.

Oh,and my Mum and Dad still live on Tyneside.

How I miss home… :smiley:

Ken.

PS.Almost forgot.The region is also home to one of the best companies in the country.That’s Capitol Enterprises,distributor of the famous Hour Guard.Remember,your not legal without it. :sunglasses:

Plug over. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:
Oh,and my Mum and Dad still live on Tyneside.

How I miss home… :smiley:

Ken.

So We can Expect the Mighty Quinny up here for Xmas then :smiling_imp:

Give a shout and I’m sure we can meet up for a Pint somewhere Ken, Which Part of Newcastle they in?

They actually live on the south side of the river,near the ‘new’ Redheugh bridge,Davey.

If you come south from the Toon,over the bridge,and look to your right,you’ll see the street which has 3 blocks of Semi’s on,painted in white.They live on that street.

I haven’t been up for about a month,but there is a likelyhood I’ll be up for Boxing day to see them and my sister,who lives in the new houses adjacent to Askew Road near the Teams club.

Ahh,Tyneside.Gods country. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ken.