Cp plus parking ticket...:-(((

Got a ticket today from Cp plus for non payment of parking at chieveley services.
Hands up it was my fault, I had a bite to eat, got on the bed and slept!!! Just totally forgot to get a ticket.

Some people have said forget it some people have said pay it, what would you do??

My ex boss said I had to pay it back when I got one at Frankley Services last year. I never and heard nowt since. Ignore it.

Done the crime, then do the time so to speak. Pay it. They will chase you for it and it will likely cost a whole lot more in the end.

Yep forget it, they’ll send lots of scarey letters threatening all sorts and massive escalating fines but whatever you do don’t respond, they will stop after a while :sunglasses:

Deepinvet:
Got a ticket today from Cp plus for non payment of parking at chieveley services.
Hands up it was my fault, I had a bite to eat, got on the bed and slept!!! Just totally forgot to get a ticket.

Some people have said forget it some people have said pay it, what would you do??

don’t pay it, it is not a parking fine, it is an invoice

if your boss pays it, he wants smacking repeatedly with a big wet fish :wink:

go on the site called pepipoo,will get more info on there.it is a private ticket,the only parking tickets you have to pay are from the police or council…

Tell them you were in no fit state to drive after consuming one of their meals. :open_mouth:

just don’t pay it, they will send letters saying they are going to take you to court ect, but what you must not do is repsond in any way to the letters just throw them in the bin. get your boss to look at martin lewis site moneysavingexpert.com it will tell you all about them on there, and he say’s don’t answer them. they can’t enforce them and to the best of my limited knowledge they have never taken anyone to court as they would loose, have a look at this link moneysavingexpert.com/reclai … kets#rules hope it helps, one thing your boss should not do is tell these cowboys who was driving the vehicle, he is under no obligation in law to do so but its all explained in the link hope it helps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Pepipoo site, quick!

DO NOT PAY IT!

You’ll get a handful of nasty letters, bleating on about bailiffs, debt collectors, your credit rating, you’ll go to prison blah blah blah.

The reality is, a private company cannot issue ‘Fines’ or ‘Penalties’. They have given you an invoice, made to look like an official fine, to trick/scare people into paying up. Don’t worry about bailiffs, a bailiff could only be appointed IF it went to court, IF you lost and IF you still didn’t pay the court. Reality is, private car parking companies WILL steer clear of courts, as they’re on very thin ice! Their whole business model is based on deciet and harrassment. They try to make you think you’ve got an official ticket, then hassle you into paying up. Very dubious.

They will send a few letters to you (after the DVLA kindly sell them your personal info), then a few letters from debt collectors (remember, debt collectors are not bailiffs, they cannot take anything off you). Just ignore them, do not contact or speak to them. They’ll give up and move on to easier prey.

I’ve had at least a dozen ‘tickets’ from private companies, I must admit I do it now to wind one particular company up.

GThe Chief Executive of Euro Car Parks has said publically, more than once, that “We don’t do court, as we know we’ll lose”.

…or you could just pay it.

My last boss paid mine at Cherwell Valley, I did just the same as you. :blush:
He said it was easiest in the long run as there was a “blacklist” of non-payers
who were the first to get clamped and he didn’t want his name on it.

Right or wrong, he wasn’t a man to part with money he didn’t have to and although
I don’t work there any more, if I want good advice about haulage, that’s where I go.

Regards,
Nick.

cieranc:
Pepipoo site, quick!

DO NOT PAY IT!

You’ll get a handful of nasty letters, bleating on about bailiffs, debt collectors, your credit rating, you’ll go to prison blah blah blah.

The reality is, a private company cannot issue ‘Fines’ or ‘Penalties’. They have given you an invoice, made to look like an official fine, to trick/scare people into paying up. Don’t worry about bailiffs, a bailiff could only be appointed IF it went to court, IF you lost and IF you still didn’t pay the court. Reality is, private car parking companies WILL steer clear of courts, as they’re on very thin ice! Their whole business model is based on deciet and harrassment. They try to make you think you’ve got an official ticket, then hassle you into paying up. Very dubious.

They will send a few letters to you (after the DVLA kindly sell them your personal info), then a few letters from debt collectors (remember, debt collectors are not bailiffs, they cannot take anything off you). Just ignore them, do not contact or speak to them. They’ll give up and move on to easier prey.

I’ve had at least a dozen ‘tickets’ from private companies, I must admit I do it now to wind one particular company up.

GThe Chief Executive of Euro Car Parks has said publically, more than once, that “We don’t do court, as we know we’ll lose”.

This ^^^^^^^

Aren’t DVLA breaching data protection laws selling information?

Muckaway:

they’re allowed to reveal it for reasons of crime prevention and anti terrorism precautions for an ‘‘administration’’ fee :unamused:

There are two camps as I see, those that write to the services manager and tell them I wont pay it as I was feeling ill, and those that just ignore everything.

In my experience both methods work, they are a bunch of scumbags with underhand business practices akin to semi legalised robbery.

I had 3 last year although I was only driving on one occasion.

LIDL. Matalan and some private parasites near Derby Playhouse tried it on. We didn’t pay anything.

DO NOT PAY IT, they will send you bullying letters such as “pay it now and receive 50% discount if paid within 7 days”. They do this as they know the more panic you get into the quicker they get it paid, and they know full well they have no chance of enforcing the ticket as it is a civil matter. If they did take you to court then it would cost them a lot more money than they could ever wish to get back from you. DO NOT PAY IT. IGNORE ALL LETTERS

Do not pay it. Do not contact them with any kind of excuse. Bin it and do the same with any other correspondence. Do not make any contact with them at all. It’s an invoice which has to be issued to the driver of the vehicle at the time. They do not know, and you are under no obligation to tell them, who the driver of the vehicle was at the time so they cannot even issue the invoice to the correct person. And last of all do not make contact with them by any means, phone, letter, email and so on, at all.

Big Joe:

Muckaway:

they’re allowed to reveal it for reasons of crime prevention and anti terrorism precautions for an ‘‘administration’’ fee :unamused:

So I take it Deepinvet was wearing white pyjamas, a scruffy long beard, a towel around his head and a hook for a hand :wink:

the simple answer is no DO NOT PAY watch this short film from bbc watchdog program

youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

cieranc:
Pepipoo site, quick!

DO NOT PAY IT!

lol done the same to parking eye in felixstowe and the BP garage with the clampers van,

Thanks for all the replies guys… I guess the census of opinion is not to pay it…I wouldn’t mind if you actually got something for your money…