Reed Boardall

Does anbody know if Reed Boardall at Boroughbridge are taking on drivers?
May be moving upto Thirsk at some point…

more leave than stay so i would say yes

they are always looking for drivers.

jessicas dad:
they are always looking for drivers.

Cool, will give them a ring on Monday!!
If I get on with them then it’ll give my mum a kick to get up there too (and no I dont live with my mum - she’s from Topcliffe originally but her family is now in Thirsk), she wants to come back up there and I fancy a complete fresh new start…
Oh and Ive read the horror stories about them… :wink:

Give it a go.
Theres quite a bit of freight in the area for some reason but not many drivers because of its rural location. Im sure if RB turns out to be whats expected, then you should get something else. The point is, at least youll be living in one of the best parts of the UK. If youre used to fridge work, then this outfit will be like all the others.
I reckon what turns people off RB is that they go in there all starry eyed and then realise that fridge work is probably the worst area of truck driving. Totally tedious and repetitive. Sitting around for hours while your managers are constantly ringing you and for some reason thinking the delay may be your fault.
As I say there`s a few companies around there, and RB, if nothing, else could be a leg up.

cheekymonkey:
Give it a go.
Theres quite a bit of freight in the area for some reason but not many drivers because of its rural location. Im sure if RB turns out to be whats expected, then you should get something else. The point is, at least youll be living in one of the best parts of the UK. If youre used to fridge work, then this outfit will be like all the others.
I reckon what turns people off RB is that they go in there all starry eyed and then realise that fridge work is probably the worst area of truck driving. Totally tedious and repetitive. Sitting around for hours while your managers are constantly ringing you and for some reason thinking the delay may be your fault.
As I say there`s a few companies around there, and RB, if nothing, else could be a leg up.

Ive read the stories on here about them, but I can but try it out though :wink:
I have my PSV as well and in fact am driving coaches, but all the coach firms round there pay £6/7 ph :open_mouth:
I know what the areas like as like I said my mums from there, you’ve got Sutton Bank (been up there more than a few times :sunglasses: ), the North Yorkshire Moors Railway :sunglasses: and the National Railway Museum at York :sunglasses:

cheekymonkey:
fridge work is probably the worst area of truck driving.

Yeah because people can go days/weeks etc without food. Its that bad a work that other hauliers from around that area (Metcalfe & Prestons of Potto) all go and do fridges when things are quiet. Thats why you see Marshalls Bricks pulling Tesco FRIDGES around Xmas… Hmmmmm If anything FRIDGES will be the safest jobs around if you can get in with a firm that has plenty of it and if it suits you. Only crap thing I can think of with R&B is you more than likely dont have the same truck twice (Unless nighted out). Also dont think the wages are multi-millionaire but good for that area…

DAF95XF:

But you never heard the good ones. When my back went bang big style, they bent over backwards to help me. They don’t run wrecks and I never had any pressure put on me when I was there. In fact drivers used to dictate to the traffic office to levels I found quite ridiculous.

I’d have still been there had Sara Lee not closed and the only work then offered was tramping.

Conor:

DAF95XF:

But you never heard the good ones. When my back went bang big style, they bent over backwards to help me. They don’t run wrecks and I never had any pressure put on me when I was there. In fact drivers used to dictate to the traffic office to levels I found quite ridiculous.

I’d have still been there had Sara Lee not closed and the only work then offered was tramping.

No you never hear the good ones, but I suppose what suits one person wont suit another…
I wouldnt mind tramping, but I’ll take whatever they offer, days, nights, tramping whatever…

When my back went bang big style, they bent over backwards to help me.

There must be a punch line here!

DAF95XF:
Does anbody know if Reed Boardall at Boroughbridge are taking on drivers?
May be moving upto Thirsk at some point…

best of luck daf,youll not go far wrong on fridges,youll find were a very freindly helpfull bunch,if you can find one of us awake :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

daf95xf the job is what you make of it, it has its good days and bad days you only get your own truck if you are on euro work i usually keep the same truck all week unless i get back to yard mid week (im on night tramping ) but its not too bad as i live local all the tackle is decent the scanias are due to go back then it will be all volvo we think ive never had a problem and ive always been paid on time and apart from a 3 month break ive been there 18 years so it cant be that bad hope this helps :smiley:

was in there thursdayday night tipping my frozen i like it there always polite and fast ,was looking at all their 61 volvos in yard nice :exclamation: :exclamation: sign on drivers delivery window was RECRUITING NOW CE DRIVERS plus 150 friend referall so could do a deal on here if any work there

Hmm. Might give them a ring and see if they’ll outbase a motor here - anyone advertising a £150 referral fee for drivers is desperately short of them. They already have three parking at the former Sara Lee site for the guys that stayed on as trampers.

Either that or I see if I can get a couple of days on the go.

I like to do a couple of weekends driving a month. wonder if they’d consider a cadual driver ir do yhey go through an agency?

dominicpriestley:
I like to do a couple of weekends driving a month. wonder if they’d consider a cadual driver ir do yhey go through an agency?

y don u tone them an see if the tak cadual drives :wink: :laughing:

I tried to get on self employed but they wouldnt have it, but I would like to try it.

Comedy wage aside, what are the hours or shift times there. ■■

Davyboy:

dominicpriestley:

y don u tone them an see if the tak cadual drives :wink: :laughing:

My God. Did I write that! Shocking! Funny what Strongbow does to the eyes!

I know they are a fridge firm, but what work do they do?
Is it RDC to RDC work or store deliveries?