Surprise Visit

Had a surprise visit tonight, Simon was down the Hollies, and popped round for a natter and a cuppa! Nice to meet! :slight_smile:

How goes it mate, on the mend yet :question:

To be honest Manny, it goes crap just lately M8, I’d like to get off on the road although I sometimes have a good day and think, stuff the lorries! but Im sure I’ll pull out of this downer before long!

Keep looking to the future Mal, I keep thinking about how I might feel in your shoes, probably [zb]ed off too at being grounded.
Is being at home all the time worn off with the Mrs yet :laughing:

Yes M8, its all I can do!
Nah, me and her are the greatest mates to be honest, it’s all the other stuff about being home thats worn off! :laughing: plus the loots ■■■■ poor!

MAL sorry to hear that you are a little down I know the feeling I

had two years off work in the eighties , have you thought of takeing

the CPC exams ,thats if you have not got them already as this

might help later. Also what does the tech-collage have to offer

in the way of courses. Another point what about asking your firm

if you could be employed as an asseror come trainer for new

drivers at the firm, with out you haveing to touch a steering wheel ?

What ever you decide to all the best pete

Hiya Pete, I got the CPC in 89, and when I fell ill I was on an agency! So, there is no firm as such! Yeah, its a bit difficult at the minute to see a way forward, as everything that springs to mind usually I thought about (or did) yonks ago! Well, for sure there are vans and 7.5 tonners!

The wages offered are just plain scary for lots of things for an unqualified bod like me to do! Mind you, its really fantasy to think I can do owt right now anyway, I made the mistake of walking too far on Monday (about a click) it took me well over an hour to make the return journey, and Im all aches and pains two days later!

Hi Mal…sorry your feeling a bit low at the moment m8 but it will get better…think positive and get xmas out of the way and look forward to 2005…remember the more exercise you get the easier it becomes…so pull yourself together man and remember there is always someone worse off…good luck matey and have a great xmas and a very healthy…and prosperous new year to you and your family.
regards bob

Hiya Mal,
It’s easy for someone who is not directly affected to say look on the bright side but you said you and the missus are greatest mates and at least she still has you. It’s impossible to imagine the way you must feel but something will turn up and we are so used to you being around that the place ain’t the same without you. Moaning is part of the job discription and you have more right than anybody so you know where we are if you need to let off steam just as you would be there for any of us. It’s not going to be easy bud and I know, I am sorry that you are so down, I wish you all the best to you and your family.
Oh and if there is anymore of those exotic food do’s in Cannock then please give me a shout cus I missed it. :wink:

Mal:
Yeah, its a bit difficult at the minute to see a way forward, as everything that springs to mind usually I thought about (or did) yonks ago!

Understandable, 'cause you’ve been their and got the T-Shirt :laughing: .

The wages offered are just plain scary for lots of things for an unqualified bod like me to do! Mind you, its really fantasy to think I can do owt right now anyway, I made the mistake of walking too far on Monday (about a click) it took me well over an hour to make the return journey, and Im all aches and pains two days later!

Whatever you decide to do, hope it works out for you - bet your a bit in limbo at the mo :cry: . You’ll get their one step at a time (just not 1,000m eh)? :wink:

Hiya all, Ah, take no notice of me im just a mardy miserable â– â– â– â– â– â–  feeling sorry for meself just now, and I make meself sick with my own bleating, I certainly dont want no fuss because I cant bear it, thats why I stayed away, but thanks for the good thoughts, I mean that! :slight_smile:

Mal:
Hiya all, Ah, take no notice of me im just a mardy miserable [zb] feeling sorry for meself just now, and I make meself sick with my own bleating, I certainly dont want no fuss because I cant bear it, thats why I stayed away, but thanks for the good thoughts, I mean that! :slight_smile:

hi mal glad to see your doing good,

but did you honestly think that you’d get sympathy from us lot,more chance of me doing a hard days graft :laughing: you don’t want fuss ,good your not getting any so get your sorry ■■■ back on here and keep these newbies in line :laughing: :laughing:

Your all heart Jim! :laughing: anyway stuff the newbies, im in semi retirement, you keep em in line! :laughing:

im in semi retirement,

you retire semi or full never in a million years mate,your to good a man to let this keep you from the life you came to love.your a trucker through and through and no one will take that from you

good luck m8 have fun and take care :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your all heart Jim

i know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mal:
im in semi retirement, :laughing:

And me I’ve just finished work and clocked up a grand total of 23km :open_mouth: Atherstone solo to Kingsbury then back solo with an hour in the canteen in between, I think I need a lie down. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:

Mal:
im in semi retirement, :laughing:

And me I’ve just finished work and clocked up a grand total of 23km :open_mouth: Atherstone solo to Kingsbury then back solo with an hour in the canteen in between, I think I need a lie down. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

christ i found someone that does less than me
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I got 8 hours for that I’ll have you know, grafting hard I am! :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: