fagan and whalley

sorry to keep asking about different firms but has anyone worked for these before if so what they like usual stuff please

From what I have heard from various people in the local area, as long as the boss likes your face you are ok, he’s a bit of a slave driver and if he doesn’t like you, or you do something to upset him, then you get all the crappy jobs.

One guy went from crappy company A to F&W and came back to crappy company A. :open_mouth:

I know a couple of the lads that work there, they are not drivers, think one of them may be a FLT driver and to be honest, I wouldn’t want to be in the same yard as him while he is working.

so pretty much like most places then :smiley: cheers for that matey

And every vehicle is tracked, and they are all shown on a huge screen in the office.

So you can run but you can’t hide.

Ken.

They are part of Palletforce so lots of multidrop work or night trunks to Derby.

they night trunk carpet underlay from dumfries to nelson/bacup most nights

weewulliewinkie:

Out of interfloor i presume?

got it in one :smiley:

weewulliewinkie:

id be happy doing that if im honest do any of you gentlemen know what they pay i do know they have trampers

As to pay, I have no idea, the only times I have seen jobs advertised in the local rag, its only ever said ‘exceeds national minimum’ so that could be anything from around £6.10 upwards!

Trucker’s Girl:
As to pay, I have no idea, the only times I have seen jobs advertised in the local rag, its only ever said ‘exceeds national minimum’ so that could be anything from around £6.10 upwards!

well with them doing anything from sprinter vans upto artics id hazzard a guess the class 1 ud be looking at at around the 7.50 mark
anyway got a form an cv sent in finger toes and everything else crossed cheers for the info

cliffton 27:

Trucker’s Girl:

well with them doing anything from sprinter vans upto artics id hazzard a guess the class 1 ud be looking at at around the 7.50 mark
anyway got a form an cv sent in finger toes and everything else crossed cheers for the info

If you are local, then why not pop in and see Graham with your cv, you never know, it may make him look at you rather than just your cv.

Not sure it will reach the dizzying heights of £7.50 though :confused: (crappy company A mentioned earlier was only paying £6.50)

Anyway good luck with it :smiley:

im in oldham and its going to burnley the only reason i have applied is they take on trampers so driving up there once a week would be no problem if i get it great if i dont like it well i can always look for something else but at least il have a wage coming in :wink:

Oldham centre to BB12 7NG = 27 miles <40mins. Best take a shovel, mars bar, coffee flask & sleeping bag then. :unamused:

Driveroneuk:
Oldham centre to BB12 7NG = 27 miles <40mins. Best take a shovel, mars bar, coffee flask & sleeping bag then. :unamused:

i will take all those things as im aplying for a tramping job if i get a start its 1 drive there monday 1 drive back friday :unamused:

cliffton 27:

Driveroneuk:

i will take all those things as im aplying for a tramping job if i get a start its 1 drive there monday 1 drive back friday :unamused:

i wouldnt be so sure bout that pal , theres no guarantees you will be out all week as i know a few who work there and they get sent home regularly

largebloke1969:

cliffton 27:

Driveroneuk:

i wouldnt be so sure bout that pal , theres no guarantees you will be out all week as i know a few who work there and they get sent home regularly

well only time will tell i only sent it off yesterday ask ya mates whats the pay like will ya cheers :wink:

They offered me less than 8 p/h… .

cliffton 27:
sorry to keep asking about different firms but has anyone worked for these before if so what they like usual stuff please

thought you where on for maritime

cliffton 27:

I work for them and I will say this, but please remember this is only MY PERSONAL OPINION.

The money isnt the best but if you get the hours you will come out with a decent wage, the boss (Graham) is the fairest guy I have ever worked for, like everyone if you do something stupid you will get your arse kicked, if you keep your nose clean you will be left alone.
The work is good and clean, they won’t let you go over hours or ask you to do anything dodgy, the trucks (some are older) are all very well looked after as are the trailers, There are a lot of drivers that will do nothing but moan but thats the norm anywere.

Personally I love the place and very happy to work for them, wouldnt mind a pay rise but wouldnt leave if i didnt get one.

Hope that helps a bit.

Madguy :imp: