HUNGARO SATNAV.

This guy got stuck in the Dutch Quarter in Colchester doing a transit of the town. It was 11pm on Sunday night.He was loaded with cartons of olive oil which fell off the truck when the recovery crew arrived on Monday morning .It took all day Monday to clear up the mess . Dan,the Hungarian driver spent Monday night in jail. On Tuesday he got fined £200.
Google it up on Essex County Standard. What a nightmare!

Ha ha…We had bigger than that down here mate! :smiley:

Ban sat navs, they should not be allowed to drive any vehicles, all they do is get the poor drivers stuck.

bigvern1:
Ha ha…We had bigger than that down here mate! :smiley:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

That’s a good one!

I can understand the daftness of following a sat-nav which is leading you down somewhere which you can’t proceed due to your vehicles size, and it’s not difficult to get into bother with an a local a-z map if you’re in an area you’re not sure of, I’ve been in that situation a few times. However, most of us would be aware of such a mistake and take actions to sort it out. But it takes a complete ■■■■■■■ idiot to keep on going regardless like that, instead of reversing or asking for help! What on earth was he thinking?!? :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

£200 fine? And also an indefinite driving ban on these shores, and preferably in the civilised world, I hope.

bubsy06:
Ban sat navs, they should not be allowed to drive any vehicles, all they do is get the poor drivers stuck.

:unamused: Don’t blame the tools blame the tool using it.
I’ve found mine very useful, great for putting a planned route in and then save keep picking up a map and checking especially in towns and cities.
Yes they sometimes try and send you down a road that inappropiate, but you don’t have to do what it tells you do you?

bloody nora!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A night in jail,£200 & six penalty points. If you want to do a google ,that location was East Stockwell St Colchester -CO1
He was looking for;
Waitrose
St Andrews Avenue
Colchester
CO4 3BE

Its all dual to Waitrose - maybe he was looking for SpecSavers?

See it is true, delivering to a RDC, parked up with Police tape around the vehicle so he didnt get disturbed, Cant see if theres any chalk marks though.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

He missed the lamposts & the CCTV!

Does this happen to us Brits when we go abroad, do we follow the sat nav and just get hopelessly stuck instead of using some common sense?

essexcountystandard.co.uk/ne … struction/

“Gyongyosi was fined £120 and £100 costs, but only had to pay £40 because he spent time in police custody. His licence was endorsed with six points.” :open_mouth:

Grayham:
Does this happen to us Brits when we go abroad, do we follow the sat nav and just get hopelessly stuck instead of using some common sense?

Followed my sat nav into Budapest, trying to cross the river heading North. "Continue straight on "it said.
If I had continued across the bridge …I would have driven straight into thousands of people on a bank holiday festival.OOPS! :blush:

bigvern1:

Grayham:

Followed my sat nav into Budapest, trying to cross the river heading North. "Continue straight on "it said.
If I had continued across the bridge …I would have driven straight into thousands of people on a bank holiday festival.OOPS! :blush:

Wasn’t following Sat Nav, but got really lost in Italy once, ended up in a street that had been closed off, but the copper on duty opened it so I could turn round then gave us directions.

Just a note to the Germans. As you can see, the load is still coming out despite the side bars and locking bars being in, the load is probably strapped up but they insist that every pallet is strapped in Germany incase of a roll, if a truck rolls then no strap or side bar is going to keep that load in ! Yes, strap what needs to be strapped but have a bit of common sense you silly German government.

Kerbdog:
Just a note to the Germans. As you can see, the load is still coming out despite the side bars and locking bars being in, the load is probably strapped up but they insist that every pallet is strapped in Germany incase of a roll, if a truck rolls then no strap or side bar is going to keep that load in ! Yes, strap what needs to be strapped but have a bit of common sense you silly German government.

Only 5/10 for the rant, no mention of “the children”

billybigrig:

Kerbdog:

Only 5/10 for the rant, no mention of “the children”

or “So Called Professional Driver” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … st-40.html

That is just ridiculous, why would you even attempt to get around a corner as tight as that :unamused:

I find it worrying that almost every video/picture you see of a lorry in this situation is of Eastern European origin :open_mouth:

Hungarians used to be true Knight’s of the road back in the Hungarocamion days, not so true today though it would seem :unamused:

I have an idea :bulb:

In the old days the Commie regimes had them so scared that they wouldn’t dare damage their lorry, they also had a ‘comrade’ riding along to make sure they behaved themselves, so when they arrive at Dover, pull them over, take them into a little room and get the Old Bill to give em a bloody good hiding, then send an unemployed yobbo out with them until they leave the country again, this will solve four problems, first they won’t want to come here in the first place, two, they’ll be too scared to hit anything, three, with the constant fear of a slap from their cab sharing yobbo, they’ll want to ■■■■ off sharpish, instead of staying in the UK and carving the job up as they work for peanuts and finally it gets a yobbo off the streets :smiling_imp:

It’s the comments from the great British Daily Mail public that slay me!
It quite obvious that is a Hungarian truck, trailer and driver, yet “Dave” thinks he was driving a UK truck, and so far 266 people have agreed with him.

"It has emerged that Gyongyosi, who does not speak English, could not understand signs warning drivers that the road was too narrow for HGVs. ============ But British firms say they could not survive without employing foreign labour.

• Dave, England, 14/12/2011 17:10