Dartford Crossing

Just been told my job for Saturday. Its a double decker travelling from the north to the ASDA RDC at Dartford. London way for me is not my usual haunt !!!

Will it be over the bridge heading south and then through the tunnels northbound?

Are there any height issues in the tunnel and if so what do others do? Go clockwise around m25 to meet back up with M1 or use the Woolwich Ferry? ( Haven’t a clue what that entails if i,m honest)

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plus any directions to the ASDA place from the M25 would be a bonus!!!

Thanks All

bridge southbound and tunnel northbound, but you will have to use the right hand tunnel, left hand tunnel is not as high :wink:

Haven’t been down there for years but someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but no height issues with the crossing (bridge going there, tunnel heading back), as you go over the bridge and come down keep an eye to you left, you can’t miss ASDA (if it hasn’t moved !!!)

south on the 25 is over the bridge dont know of any weight rules but north is through the tunnel and in a decker you wont get through im sure its 15.6 i think the ferry is the same to be honest

you can see asda depot from the bridge, use the toll booths on the lefthand side, then leave the m25 immediately after the toll booths. follow the slip road round, and at the r/bout go straight over, down the hill, second r/bout turn eft and asda in infront of you.
i think the north bound tunnel has a limit on the left bore of about 15’62 and a 16’ limit if you use the right hand bore, but not 100% sure on that. i know when I took a DD through I had to use the right hand bore. if your over 16’ then i think its the long way round, or through the city.

can the info not be googled

Directions to Asda Dartford is easy when you cross the bridge keep to the left lane on the toll booths and take the exit ahead up to the doughnut and straight across down the hill cross straight over the next doughnut then left at the next doughnut and Asda is straight ahead! The Tunnel is over 16ft if you take the tunnel on the right the left hand tunnel has a 15ft 9in height limit! :wink:

Dartford Tunnel Information
Maximum Height Restriction: 4.9 (4.87) meters
Lane Width Restrictions: 2.75 meters
Maximum Vehicle Length: 18.3 meters
Maximum Total Weight: 38 tonnes
Maximum Axle Weight: 11,180 kgs
Maximum Wheel Weight: 5,090 kgs
Large vehicles must use left lane
No overtaking inside tunnel
Speed Limit: 50mph
Bridge Length: 2.9km

As has been said before, you will have no problems (unless it’s shut!) using the tunnel to head back north. Just use the right hand bore (old southbound tunnel) that has a height limit of 16’ 6"; the left hand is 15’ 9".

I’ve even done a video to follow just for you :wink: (I was running 16’ at the time)

I’ve took a 15’9" high trailer through the Dartford Tunnel. They will stop you at the Peage if you are too high and tell you to use the right hand tunnel.

I don’t think an ASDA double decker will fit on the Woolwich Ferry and as for the Blackwall… just don’t go there.

I’m guessing that you are on an agency. What I would do is ask some of the other drivers when you book on or even ask if there is an approved/standard route for double deckers going to Dartford.

Safe trip.

W

Don’t forget to ask for a tag, or for the cash to pay the tolls, both ways :wink:

On the video at 4.0 minutes you can win money on a bet that some prick will do that to you 24 hours a day :stuck_out_tongue:

mucker85:
Maximum Total Weight: 38 tonnesMaximum Axle Weight: 11,180 kgs

looks like most of us are banned then :stuck_out_tongue:

chaversdad:

mucker85:

Maximum Total Weight: 38 tonnes

i took the info from THEIR website!

Thanks for the responses guys, just the ticket, especially a bloody video :open_mouth: no excuses for making an arse of it now!

chaversdad:

mucker85:
Maximum Total Weight: 38 tonnesMaximum Axle Weight: 11,180 kgs

Explains 1 of the daft restrictions my sat nav thought it had. The others are a 7.5t limit (obviously in the outside lane) and a 7’7" width restriction :unamused: