Parking ticket on industrial estate!

This morning at 6:36 I got a parking ticket from Hillingdon Council for convening the highway code rule 55. There were no yellow lines, no red lines and no signs, (photographs taken). Code 55 is parking a commercial vehicle on a street.

Does anyone know firstly what I have done wrong as I was parked outside the company I was collecting from who opened at 6:45, is it illegal from them to give me a parking ticket when there is no signage/lines?

I was parked in Betam Road Industrial Estate and there are no residential houses in the road.

Can anybody help me??!!■■

did you leave youe side lights on overnight :question:

if only rob k was here :wink:

jon

I personaly find this shocking!

if you are a union member you need to contact your union also what has your employers said about this?
Does the company that you were delivering to know?

no, road lights very well luminated area also no knock on cab door with “warning” move or else

no i drive for a " owner driver " . who has made a complaint answer 4 t.c

Doesn’t matter how well lit the road is topcat you would need to leave the lights on otherwise you can be given a ticket but it strikes me a this was one parking attendant with far too much time on his hands. Crazy.

It was a private company contracted to Hillingdon Council, he was Somalian, obviously on a bonus scheme.

My point is that there was no line markings, no signs to say not to park, nothing to say there is a council policy about HGV parking.

Coffeeholic:
Doesn’t matter how well lit the road is topcat you would need to leave the lights on otherwise you can be given a ticket but it strikes me a this was one parking attendant with far too much time on his hands. Crazy.

If I seem to recall from the highway code a parked vehicle in a 30 mph zone does not need to leave side lights on whilst parked, above 30 then it is a must.

Drive Safe.

Crash Override:
If I seem to recall from the highway code a parked vehicle in a 30 mph zone does not need to leave side lights on whilst parked, above 30 then it is a must.

Drive Safe.

Which is fine for cars however in the case of a truck this from the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 applies:

Goods vehicles exceeding 1525kg unladen weight, large passenger carrying vehicles having more than eight seats excluding the driver’s seat and any vehicle to which a trailer is attached must have side and rear lights illuminated when parked on any road during the hours of darkness.

i admire people like coffeholic who know such reg’s and have read his entrys with interest but im the first to admit i dont , know every reg and every law in uk regarding parking BUT what happened to “DRIVER MOVE ON MATE, DO US A FAVOUR OTHERWISE IM GOING TO HAVE TO PRINT A TICKET, THANKS” or perhaps he didnt speak english a soon forgotten word!!!

topcat:
what happened to “DRIVER MOVE ON MATE, DO US A FAVOUR OTHERWISE IM JOINING HAVE TO PRINT A TICKET, THANKS”

Couldn’t agree more.

perhaps the trafic warden cant speak english ■■ like wot we does,

More to the point, perhaps the trafic warden thought the driver may not speak english! :wink:

proper like ■■ :unamused:

Sounds like a ‘jobsworth’ to me.

Try writing a letter to the chief exec of the council concerned and see what happens. Where else were you supposed to park?

If writing a letter doesn’t work, get the name of the company who are contracted to issue the tickets and search for their company details on the Companies House website (Will cost about £2). You will be presented with the names of the directors and their home addresses.

I’ll say nothing more as that might be against Trucknets rules but I am sure you can see what I am suggesting :smiley:

english number plates on truck, GB on number plate, english company on truck. No I’m not foreign - traffic warden is though !!!

i have a solution to this problem in the future and for any other parking problems I.E. not paying at msa,s just et some foreign plates made up and stick them on your truck when you park up, if they knock on the door just gibber something that sonds foreign and they might just leave you alone to park for free :slight_smile::):).

jammy most forenigner are either on account or do get a ticket and a debt recovery agency chases it up

alix776:
jammy most forenigner are either on account or do get a ticket and a debt recovery agency chases it up

I think they would find it difficult if they had to chase up an imaginery number plate…

Going back about 3 years whilst picking up a car from an accident a parking warden tried to give my recovery truck a ticket.
OK I was parked on double yellows, but as it was a police job I felt it was a bit much & asked one of the police officers if he felt it was on & said I was going to call the local evening paper, (whose office was a short walk away,) to come & witness the insanity before I did anything else.i.e clear the road of the obstructing accident.
The ticket was ripped up & moron warden No1 was given a good bit of advise by the cop, I’m not sure it was mediclly possible, but it sounded about right.