Willy Betz

Some of you may have seen postings on here by someone called Betz. and i have noticed some uncalled for remarks to the poster and also about the company…some of you may have wondered if he is in fact an employee of the above company…i can put your minds at rest .i have recently spoken to Ben who is a 17 year old british citizen with english grammar difficulties…he is also profoundly deaf and can only communicate with BSL…british sign language…when i spoke (e.mail) with him my mind immediately went to the old trucking song teddy bear…and thought of some of the postings that had been put on this site…anyway…(wiping a tear away)…ben is a collector of Betz memoribilia, and although i dont have any photos of Betz i have promised to take a whole film of their trucks when i go overland to Bulgaria next year on holiday in the trusty old motorhome…i thought that maybe if there are any drivers out there who could help ben with his hobby they too could forward them to him via post or in an e.mail…thanks guys…
have a nice day

HI excuse me if this being too forward , here in GERMANY WILLI BETZ
has a web site if he was to try sending a e-mail to the firm ask

if they have any old photos, or posters,that are out of date and no longer

of any use perhaps they might send some to him, WORTH a try

they can only say yes or no

yes thanks a lot Pete will do that…thanks for reading…
have a nice day

i spotted a willi betz pulling a uk height rented tautliner today

Ben is a great lad and to my mind there are far worse things he could be into at 17 than being a fan of Willi Betz. :wink: :smiley:

Any of you who have read my diaries will know I always try to include a Betz related photo for Ben.

Coffeeholic:
to my mind there are far worse things he could be into at 17 than being a fan of Willi Betz. :wink: :smiley: .

You mean SSSSS…St…St…Sorry. Yes there are worse companies & things to be into at 17, (or 70 come to that.)

daxi:

Coffeeholic:
to my mind there are far worse things he could be into at 17 than being a fan of Willi Betz. :wink: :smiley: .

You mean SSSSS…St…St…Sorry. Yes there are worse companies & things to be into at 17, (or 70 come to that.)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well I met up with a Betz driver yesterday just off the A26 and he was praising the company no end. Whoever said Betz drivers don’t speak English should have spoken with this driver, spoke it better than I do (not hard considering my first language is Cornish dialect), and even had a bit of a Kent accent :laughing:

The only thing negative you could say about the guy was that his FH12 was pretty dirty, but he told me that it had started the week sparkling clean :sunglasses:

Craig 111:
The only thing negative you could say about the guy was that his FH12 was pretty dirty, but he told me that it had started the week sparkling clean :sunglasses:

I know where he is coming from with that, my unit was washed Sunday morning an hour or so before I collected it and by the time I got back today it was filthy. The wash guys will have to work for their money when they do it again this Sunday. :wink: :smiley:

truckyboy:
…when i spoke (e.mail) with him my mind immediately went to the old trucking song teddy bear…and thought of some of the postings that had been put on this site…anyway…(wiping a tear away)…ben is a collector of Betz memoribilia, and although i dont have any photos of Betz

Is that the song where all the truck drivers come to see a disabled boy after hearing about his plight on the CB? It’s one of them songs you wouldn’t admit to liking, but will listern to anyway. :blush:
With his grammer and interest in Willi Betz I always assumed that Betz was from Eastern Europe. As a matter of interest why is he a fan of Willi Betz instead of say Nobert Dentraanglewllgogogaaalelea or Storbart etc.

Neil

It didn’t look that bad when I passed you just before you pulled off the M1 today (in case you were wondering who was tooting the horn at you) it was certainly cleaner than the POS Iveco I had today.

cheers

Jules

I wondered who that was, thought I had done something to upset someone. :wink: :smiley: I take it that was when I was pulling off at junction 11? It was is very dirty compared to how I usually keep it. :frowning: :frowning:

whats this I bit neil i thought you had your minions clean it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I keep it clean by paying people to wash it for me. See, dead simple. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I keep MY unit clean because I am PAID to. (by my employer) and in his time, not mine. :smiley: :smiley:

Dan.

Hey
:smiley: thank you to Truckboy for explain to everybody about me and betz issue for me :sunglasses:

Yes I am proundly deaf. I am bit part of disabled not physic problem, I can walk, sight, smell and sense but only not my ears able to listen! :unamused:
I have been meet five deaf lorry driver and but in UK have more deaf drivers but i never see them cos deaf people populations total is 1 millions they use sign langauges (BSL - British Sign Langauges), BSL is deaf people’s first langauge but english - second langauges so sound like deaf are foreigner :laughing: this why lots of deaf people have struggle thier english grammer as myself too. I hope you could understand my english! :confused:

Now i tell you all, my story about begin Willi Betz fan/spotter/collecter,
When I am young, I live Uxbridge and my school in St Albans, We use minibus to school from home for 12 years so I saw few Betz in M25 and Maple Cross because Bosch Warehouse where is usually Betz or Nobert Dentressangle deliver or parking. When I am young I am fan and addict with Eddie Stobart and James Irlam lorries, i dislike foreign lorries but when i am older i been went to Paris twice for school trip by Coach, it is best trips on motorway M1, M25, M20, Eurotunnel, A26 , A1 then return by ferry so i am obessed with foreign lorries so i fade away the stobart and Irlam fan so i notice see lots betz running in M20 and in france - A26 and A1, i notice lots betz like every 10 minutes betz appear past or overtake them in france autoroutes so i realise they have lots of double manning and small mercedes actros so i notice drivers 's orgin looks bulgarian or other country - far away from here. Last year summer 2003 My dad and I drive to Dover and Ashford for the day to see lorries and take picture so we found out the hiding of Industrail Park in Ashford, over 30 Betz lorries parking up for weekend and they doing cooking. I am shocking cos i saw thier regs is russia, georgia and bulgaria but i know betz from germany company but i dont realise they use cheap labour wage drivers but they seem friendly drivers, they offer to me thier meal in pallet box but i cant believe they eat outside and all food squash into toolbox.
So i been found out in Trucknet, lots of people dont like betz so i realise it is illegal company but i like thier fleet like nice colour livery blue and yellow, i think it is powerful sight like eyecatching!. :sunglasses: I have often chat with betz drivers in every weekends in Heston MSA, they doing over 15 - 20 truck parking, they told me they doing work up 4 week to three months away from home, doing tramping the europe include Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Georgia and Uberzstan etc… Willi Betz are everywhere in the europe! i wonder they have great adventure of europe but thier wage is badly low but thier country to them a lots!!!
I found out in Dutch, they have Willi Betz Fan group - over 12 members so i join them became betz spotter like collect the serial number, plate number because Betz have over 9,000 truck fleets so it is bigger than stobart fleets. I think Betz truck have plenty of characters like germany company with bulgarian driver with russian number plate, dirty tilt trailer, lots of sticker of country they have been. Also I have been meet three people who they fan of Willi Betz, they are collect photos, models, etcc in UK!!! :open_mouth: we have often to swap the photod
Betz have own shop, also lots sell in Ebay.co.uk :wink:
I think Willi Betz Spotter fan is same as Eddie Stobart Spotter fan

hitch wrote

spotted a willi betz pulling a uk height rented tautliner today

Really!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thank for let me, i hope will keep my eye! :wink:

Coffeeholic wrote

Any of you who have read my diaries will know I always try to include a Betz related photo for Ben.

yes i am enjoy seeing your diary and always can’t wait to see any betz pics in ur diary :smiley:

I am looking any of Willi Betz photos, newspaper article, magazine article or photos, models and memoribilia so i could buy or swap etc…

Cheers Ben :sunglasses:

Any question, just free to ask me

Best of luck to you Ben, your a real trucker and a friend of mine!

The guys and girls here at truckNet will do you proud, that I am sure.

Ben, on Tuesday while I was being unloaded in Bondorf at the Willi Betz warehouse, the one there was a picture of in my diary, I was talking to a Betz driver from Georgia who was in his 12th week away from home, he hoped to get home in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

ben, i see them(betz) at harthill services and also in and around glasgow,if i remember i’ll take my camera and take some photo’s of their trucks for u. :wink:

Ben, there are a few strange photos of Betz on my webiste. Look at Encounters on: hanmer.org/encounters.html
Sorry they are not straight on photos which shows the whole truck, reg number etc, but I am more fascinated by the colours and contrasts (even though this trailer wasn’t particular clean!)

I have “a thing” for the Shannon lorries. Great colours and contrasts, and then off course the lovely FH12’s…ahhhh…bliss.
See: hanmer.org/shannon2.html

If I get any more snaps of the Betz lorries I will let you know. Feel free to download the photos from my website.

Never considered becoming an Owens spotter ? :slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing:

■■
Jo