Eddie stobart job cuts

I see steady eddie is cutting over 100 jobs from 3 depots all of who are trampers. Anybody else notice that tramping s trying to be cut out anywhere else as I know 1 or 2 others who are doing the same to cut costs. Some bright spark thinks that when a truck is parked up for 9 or 11 hours it could be out working on another job.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76825

Do try and keep up old boy, there’s a good chap.

Ken.

scaniav8power:
Some bright spark thinks that when a truck is parked up for 9 or 11 hours it could be out working on another job.

If the wheels ain’t turning … The trucks not earning ££’s

peirre:

Maybe they should realise that when they have other trucks sitting on their bays at RDC’s for hours on end waiting to be tipped.

Kerbdog:

peirre:

Maybe they should realise that when they have other trucks sitting on their bays at RDC’s for hours on end waiting to be tipped.

This dont count, as theres normally an invoice attached to this activity, which would cover a certain amount of “waiting”, over and above the normal tipping time…if your doing it right, that is :open_mouth:

So did they actually convince more drivers to remortgage their granny?

Wheel Nut:
Cor! look what dropped through my letterbox this morning. I have used quote marks just to separate the advert from my own comments.

Eddie Stobart is requiring 50 Owner Drivers to be working from October 2011.

What we require from you:

Be a tramper, ideally based in Yorkshire, North West or Midlands.

A certificate of Professional Competence (“CPC”) held by yourself.

A course has been arranged for late August/early September 2011 at Widnes to gain a CPC

Exam date is 9th September 2011. Results are expected 2/3 weeks after the exam.

Have an O licence.

Around £5000 for initial start up costs.

Eddie Stobart will provide:

Guaranteed regular work.

A fully maintained BRAND NEW tractor unit including R&M (service costs), Isotrak costs for a fixed monthly cost.

Tyres charged on a usage, (pence per mile) basis.

Trailers.

Insurance.

Toll tags.

Fuel.

Parking.

Your responsibilities include:

Your current driver duties.

Manning of the vehicle including your rest days when required.

Booking and delivering of vehicle for servicing and MOT

Eddie Stobart will also provide assistance (via an independent third party) at a fixed start up cost with:

Accounting/book keeping services.

Tax Services.

Cashflow planning services.

TO APPLY. Please pick up an application form from your Operations Manager

OPEN TO ESL EMPLOYEES ONLY

Wheel Nuts stick in spokes mode:

CPC Result. 8 to 10 weeks after exam :exclamation:

Operator Licence Application. Allow up to 9 weeks. Do not acquire vehicle until licence is granted :exclamation:

Financial Requirements £8100 :exclamation:

Sufficient cash to pay spare driver or drivers for rest periods :exclamation:
No excuses for I cannot get a driver tonight

:question: Are they really an owner driver, they cannot plan their own work, I doubt they can go and pull for Wincantons, DHL or Norbert Dentressangle tomorrow evening.

:question: Tyres. How many pence per mile?

:question: Fuel. At what cost per litre and how long are payment terms?

I think this is enough to start with.

Just remember the GAR :stuck_out_tongue:

When you have a good network of depots you really shouldn’t need trampers and even if there is a gap in your network like far north etc you should subby this work out and try to make a profit as a middle man.

We run 24/7 the units never get a chance to cool down, usually the units only sit for 1-2 hours a day at home depot but they are all on mega mileage.

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:
Cor! look what dropped through my letterbox this morning. I have used quote marks just to separate the advert from my own comments.

A course has been arranged for late August/early September 2011 at Widnes to gain a CPC

Have an O licence.

Guaranteed regular work.

A fully maintained BRAND NEW tractor unit including R&M (service costs), Isotrak costs for a fixed monthly cost.

Trailers.

Insurance.

Toll tags.

Fuel.

Parking.

Eddie Stobart will also provide assistance (via an independent third party) at a fixed start up cost with:

Tax Services.

Operator Licence Application. Allow up to 9 weeks. Do not acquire vehicle until licence is granted :exclamation:

:question: Are they really an owner driver, they cannot plan their own work, I doubt they can go and pull for Wincantons, DHL or Norbert Dentressangle tomorrow evening.

And the alaming thing is some mugs will fall for it. When you consider that some folk fall for the foreign charity bank scams its inevitable. All these poor drivers are doing is giving away thousands and gaining ultimate legal resposibility for operational liabilities such as truck defects and drivers hours whereas at least a normal driver has a little bit of security when work schedules are put into question by Vosa. Drivers are by nature easygoing they have to be, but the goalposts change when you take on ultimate the responsibilty and infact with this type of set up the tail will be wagging the dog, then stand back when a serious breach occurs with regards drivers hours or vehicle legality. Has anyone actually done it

I’ve yet to meet one of these “owner drivers” at Stobarts! :laughing:

I’m off!! I’m handing in my notice tomorrow!! I’m sick of the bullcrap with this lot!!
The further away from Tesco I get the better!! :laughing:

Thanks for the experience! But No Thanks! Think they own you on their crap hourly rate! :grimacing:

This is a right stitch up. You’re not an owner driver as you don’t own the vehicle! You’re not free to work for who you like, as you say, I’d love to see someone say, “Sorry can’t this week, I’ve got a Madrid, try me next week.” If anyone takes this up then good luck to them, they’ll really need it.

It appears that Eddie Stobart have become far too unwieldy with 2250 trucks, Tescos probably accounts for 50%of their business now.

Should read “Self-employed mugs”. No holiday or sick pay, no pension. What happens if you are injured, who pays your bills? If anyone goes for this then they are definitely of unsound mind.

It is all the things that aren’t mentioned in the advert that count, the sun doesn’t shine every day.

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

Have an O licence.

Guaranteed regular work.

Trailers.

Insurance.

Toll tags.

Fuel.

Parking.

Tax Services.

nail on head malc,luv rob/neilxxxxxxxxx

baby seal:
This is a right stitch up. You’re not an owner driver as you don’t own the vehicle! You’re not free to work for who you like, as you say, I’d love to see someone say, “Sorry can’t this week, I’ve got a Madrid, try me next week.” If anyone takes this up then good luck to them, they’ll really need it.

how many more times : :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: ,you dont need to work for anyone else,the works GAR,GAR,GAR,GAR,stobarts are GAR,GAR,GAR you worl,i bloody wish folks on here would listen for once :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

ady1:

baby seal:

how many more times : :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: ,you dont need to work for anyone else,the works GAR,GAR,GAR,GAR,stobarts are GAR,GAR,GAR you worl,i bloody wish folks on here would listen for once :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Have you done it then Ady?

I heard eddie stobart is going bust :open_mouth:
bye bye thread :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

baby seal:

Have you done it then Ady?

YES,just sorting out finer details :exclamation: :exclamation: ,cant say anymore,sorry

bubsy06:
I heard eddie stobart is going bust :open_mouth:
bye bye thread :wink:

asked me to work o/t next thurs ,so your infos obviously wrong :unamused: :unamused: ,got my runs up until next sunday as well :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

dessy:
I’ve yet to meet one of these “owner drivers” at Stobarts! :laughing:

I’m off!! I’m handing in my notice tomorrow!! I’m sick of the bullcrap with this lot!!
The further away from Tesco I get the better!! :laughing:

Thanks for the experience! But No Thanks! Think they own you on their crap hourly rate! :grimacing:

you cant leave dessy,we had you penciled in too turn out the light :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ,whatever you do mate,all the best,and look after yourself

reckon the next series of trucks and trailers might have a few of these owner/but not owner drivers on it… :wink: