M9 Average Speed cameras

To any of you who do not yet know there are roadworks on the North side of the Forth road bridge on both sides of the carriageway. The roadworks are accompanied by average speed cameras on both sides.
The cameras are fully operational. 3 of our drivers who cross into Edinburgh and back regularly got the proof today. A total of 6 speeding fines shared between them. We were having the usual argument last week, " they are not switched , yes they are etc "

To any doubters out there they are switched on. The drivers reckon by the end of the week there licences could be gone as these tickets are from the first week .

Take care out there

I think a couple of AJ Nelsons drivers are in for a shock as they passed me and everyone else travelling at 40 this morning.

M90 mate? Ofttt imagine losing your licence in the space of a few weeks, really don’t know why people run the risk switched on or not!

:open_mouth: How long ago were they switched on?

Fergi:
:shock: How long ago were they switched on?

The tickets the guys have are from 2 weeks back. I will get the dates for you as soon as I see the drivers.

been on for about a month. right pita these cameras.

M90 sorry for the gaff.
For the non believers, the fines that have been arriving this week are from the first week the cameras were operational so they are catching up now.
11 fines so far for speeds from 46 - 52 mph

I’ve been driving the route a couple of times a week since the start back in October. I’m occasionally passed by cars doing 50mph+ (I usually do steady 45mph) so I wonder if they are actually working, probably best not to take the chance though. If you’re northbound and taking the Halbeath off-slip, it’s possible to speed up between the 2nd last set of cameras and the off-slip - this is the stretch patrolled by the unmarked cars, apparently, but it isn’t very long so you’d be unlucky to get nabbed there. Anyone else been done since the first week ■■
Don’t agree that traffic moves better - usually there’s a pair of cars doing 30mph blocking both lanes with 500m clear space ahead and a tailback.

I went flying through those the month before Xmas…BOTH WAYS!!! [zb]! :open_mouth:

im on it daily…usually just to go to my mates. its annoying

even worse when i took te v8 down to teeside the other week…the road was empty and me and my mate in another 540 v8 just wanted to emmm well…yea

oh well im sure we woke up most of rosyth when we got by and mayby inverkeithing…

:confused: trying to remember when I did the Cowdenbeath run