Poppy for Your Car/Truck

i’ve just orderd a nice big poppy for my car in readiness for rememberence sunday,special 1 this year as it’s going to be 11’th hour of the 11’th day of the 11’th month of the 11’th year,it’ll never happen again our lifetime!!

you can get a poppy here poppyshop.org.uk/poppy-produ … poppy.html

struggling to find them for a truck though,seen loads of sainsburys wagons with them on & they look really good,if anyone out there knows where we can get them from let me know.
thanks

ebay.co.uk/itm/RBL-Poppy-Lor … vi-content

They have them on ebay…

ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-British … 2371679788

washy jnr:
They have them on ebay…

cheaper on official RBL site

jrl driver:
i’ve just orderd a nice bog poppy for my car

That,s a coincidence I,ve just ordered a nice car poppy for my bog :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jrl driver:

washy jnr:
They have them on ebay…

cheaper on official RBL site

it’s different sized poppies :unamused:

The one on the official site is perfectly suitable for a truck, to be honest id be wary of buying from ebay how much money goes to the poopy appeal if any :confused:

merc0447:
The one on the official site is perfectly suitable for a truck, to be honest id be wary of buying from ebay how much money goes to the poppy appeal if any :confused:

From the e bay page

Thank you for your support, because of your generous and continuing support for our Serving and Ex- Service families, in 2010, on behalf of supporters of this site, we have been able to donate the magnificent sum of:
£17, 846.51 to the Poppy Appeal.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

merc0447:
The one on the official site is perfectly suitable for a truck, to be honest id be wary of buying from ebay how much money goes to the poppy appeal if any :confused:

From the e bay page

Thank you for your support, because of your generous and continuing support for our Serving and Ex- Service families, in 2010, on behalf of supporters of this site, we have been able to donate the magnificent sum of:

Regards,
Nick

Means nothing anyone can write words. Ebay offer a service for charities it is a little blue ribbon and this listing doesn’t have that :confused:

ncooper:

merc0447:

From the e bay page

Regards,
Nick

seen the truck 1’s now,cheers for that…

bubsy06:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RBL-Poppy-Lorry-Badge-All-proceeds-Poppy-Appeal-/150671816334#vi-content

cheers,ordered 1 :smiley:

Well I don’t bother. As it’s no-one elses business that I chuck an extra “nifty” to the RBL everytime I pay my annual subs (ex-services and all that).

But I ALWAYS watch the London ceremony (took part in 93) on the telly and always look up the names of those I served with, who’re no longer around, for whatever the reason…

johnthefatbloke:
But I ALWAYS watch the London ceremony

+1

And the although the amount of people taking part every year seems to get bigger, for me, the amount of veterans that fought in WW2 of which I have an interest in, gets smaller.

Lest we forget indeed.

Ken.

jrl driver:

bubsy06:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RBL-Poppy-Lorry-Badge-All-proceeds-Poppy-Appeal-/150671816334#vi-content

cheers,ordered 1 :smiley:

And I’ve just bought a car poppy off the same seller.

Ken.

Quinny:
And the although the amount of people taking part every year seems to get bigger, for me, the amount of veterans that fought in WW2 of which I have an interest in, gets smaller.

surely we are remembering veterans from conflicts after WW2 as well

jrl driver:
i’ve just orderd a nice big poppy for my car in readiness for rememberence sunday,special 1 this year as it’s going to be 11’th hour of the 11’th day of the 11’th month of the 11’th year,it’ll never happen again our lifetime!!

you can get a poppy here poppyshop.org.uk/poppy-produ … poppy.html

struggling to find them for a truck though,seen loads of sainsburys wagons with them on & they look really good,if anyone out there knows where we can get them from let me know.
thanks

:smiley:

I`ve just ordered a copy of the Koran…theyre easier to burn than a poppy, and last longer, and no chance of getting arrested…

For the disbelievers here about the Ebay seller,

ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-British … 415df78720

After reading on here about people claiming he wasn’t genuine I contacted the sellar and asked if I could purchase a Lorry Poppy and collect it from him as he’s in Grantham and I live in Newark, I’ve just been to see him and we chatted for about 30mins about Poppys, the appeal, Ebay and I mentioned to him about this forum and the disbelievers. He gave me a photocopy of a receipt from the Legion for £10,000 dated 31/12/2010 to show it was genuine. He also told me that for about a month around this time of year him and his wife sit at the computer between 4am and 10pm constantly dealing with Ebay and average 4-500 broaches sold per day between the 3 accounts they use.

I firmly believe this man to be genuine and honest, and every penny he gets will be going to the appeal.

So stop wondering and dismissing his Ebay selling, get your ■■■’s on there and buy one for your truck !

Lycanthrope:

After reading on here about people claiming he wasn’t genuine I contacted the sellar and asked if I could purchase a Lorry Poppy and collect it from him as he’s in Grantham and I live in Newark, I’ve just been to see him and we chatted for about 30mins about Poppys, the appeal, Ebay and I mentioned to him about this forum and the disbelievers. He gave me a photocopy of a receipt from the Legion for £10,000 dated 31/12/2010 to show it was genuine. He also told me that for about a month around this time of year him and his wife sit at the computer between 4am and 10pm constantly dealing with Ebay and average 4-500 broaches sold per day between the 3 accounts they use.

I firmly believe this man to be genuine and honest, and every penny he gets will be going to the appeal.

So stop wondering and dismissing his Ebay selling, get your ■■■’s on there and buy one for your truck !

I bought one from him last year, and it came with a similar photocopy of a receipt, so I believe it’s genuine too!

the only problem I had was the winds over the Severn estuary broke it ! the two cable ties aren’t enough to secure it ! I would recommend adding some more to stop it flapping :wink:

Lycanthrope:

nice 1 mate :smiley: :smiley: