Shobba's Cartoons

I am (ahem) a lifelong biker type who vaguely remembers glossy magazines from years ago that had the odd funny cartoon by a bloke called ‘Shobba’.

I remember them 'cos they were proper funny :smiley:

I’ve been sat in a workshop waiting room for a few hours today & had the pleasure of reading 5yr old back issues of various trucking magazines when a cartoon grabbed my attention, it was a stereotypical trucker type going on about how Diesel dermetitis is the new ‘bling’. It fair made me chuckle & I nearly choked when I saw Shobba’s signature.

Who is he?

He’s left the biking world & it seems he ended up in the world of trucks.

I’ve lost 3hrs of my life tonight trying to Google him but he seems to be a bit of a slippery b@gg@r, someone knows him.

as far as i can remember shobba always did do the bike mag aswell as T&D.there was an article on him a few years back.

andrew.s:
as far as i can remember shobba always did do the bike mag aswell as T&D.there was an article on him a few years back.

Who did Ogri? We have two dogs from the cartoons, the thing is we forgot the original ones name. So instead of Kickstart, we now have Sprocket, Ratchet and of course Malcolm :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:

Who did Ogri? We have two dogs from the cartoons, the thing is we forgot the original ones name. So instead of Kickstart, we now have Sprocket, Ratchet and of course Malcolm :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul Sample did Ogri

I’ve been the subject of a Shobba cartoon, now that’s fame for you :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

He used to appear on the T&D stand at Truckfest IIRC, so he is real :laughing: :laughing:

didnt he also spray a unit at truckfest once? seem to remember a photo in T&D of a white Actros with his pictures on it?

‘We’ve planted a device, you can’t go faster than 56 HAHAHAHA’ :laughing:

newmercman:
I’ve been the subject of a Shobba cartoon, now that’s fame for you :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

He used to appear on the T&D stand at Truckfest IIRC, so he is real :laughing: :laughing:

Ive had one of my stories cartooned by Shobba too, so I have a claim to fame! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: