The Worst Traffic Jam ever!

I used to complain about the M1 south of Luton and the M25 all the time when I lived there but after 27 years of driving trucks yesterday (Tuesday Dec 2nd) I got stuck in the worst jam I have ever seen in Massachusetts.

I set out for Wilmington MA early in the morning, the trip usually takes about 3-4 hours. After 3 hours and driving though the Green moutains and 4 inches of unploughed and unsalted roads I was only 45 mins away but came to a stop on Route 2 east at Fitchburg MA. Route 2 was covererd in black ice for 30 miles and it took me 3 hours to travel 25 miles to Interstate 95. On 95 north there was no ice but it took meanother 3 hours to travel 11 miles, the reason for the delay on 95 was that one bridge was snow covered and no one had been along with gritters so it was now packed ice, if anyone drove at over 5 mph they lost it, as several cars and trucks did.

It wasn’t just route 2 and I 95 the whole of the greter Boston area was the same, I never was one salt truck all day and besides the snow the temp was -20c (in the sun).

Stay down south Cliff.

you should have been in east anglia end of january - 4 MILLIMETRES stopped the whole region for nearly 24 hours, i read the other day that the highways agency have had a stuffing for it - nah nah na na nah! :smiley:

ill never forget 3 xmas’ ago when i lived in dublin but went home for crimbo. On the day i was due to go back i took my mother shopping and there was a little flurry of snow, which to be honest i thought nothing of. i went to bed for two hours and when i woke up there was 3 inches of snow. I got the little wagon onto the motorway(m1 here) ant thought evrything was great till it took me 2 hrs to drive just over a mile, I turned the truck back and went home for the night to my mothers and my boss wasnt best pleased but at the end of the day its look after no1!!!

regards

kev

PS Big truck outside the Civic Centre in lisburn my wee 7.5 tonner skidded back down which was a right pain.

Pat Hasler:
I got stuck in the worst jam I have ever seen in Massachusetts.

Route 2 was covererd in black ice for 30 miles and it took me 3 hours to travel 25 miles to Interstate 95. On 95 north there was no ice but it took meanother 3 hours to travel 11 miles, the reason for the delay on 95 was that one bridge was snow covered and no one had been along with gritters so it was now packed ice, if anyone drove at over 5 mph they lost it, as several cars and trucks did.

Aint it Just Typical :wink: :wink: :wink: Bloody Yankies always have to have Bigger than us everytime :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: