A nice day out with some pies for lunch

27072011216.jpg

Today I was invited to observe the black art of instructing ADR with Diesel Dave, by very kind permission of Rick at Data Academy in Leicester. Driver Training. ADR. Fork Lift and much more

The day began with me driving down to Leicester and catching Dave with steaming tea and a cigarette in hand, I was invited to join in and had a mug of tea myself. As the class began at 8.30 we were both ready when Steve, Stewart and Martin turned up. They had begun their training on Monday so I was dropped in in the middle of the course. It didn’t matter as I was only watching how the course was delivered, not the content of it.

I had missed Class 2 Gases which was covered on the previous day, so today started with something I was familiar with, and I still learned something about methanol.

Flammable Solids, Spontaneously Combustible and Dangerous when Wet. Class 4.1. 4.2 4.3 was well remembered as was the things to do and the things to avoid and in which order. Simple to remember with a few choice pointers

Class 5 made a very interesting subject matter. 5.1 & 5.2. Scary stuff

Class 6, even scarier especially within the realms of 6.2

Class 7. Gone to Seascale or Windscale :laughing:

Class 8. Just don’t touch it or handle it without wearing protection.

A multitude of sins comes labelled as Class 9 Very Interesting subject.

Thanks Dave
It was a great day and thanks for your ideas and advice.
Best of luck to the 3 candidates although I think they had got the gist of it already. One guy there, Martin spoke better Russian than dieseldave. And he probably spoke better English than the pair of us :laughing:

When I got home. I taught myself about a new label I had noticed on the boards, as involving a classroom of paying customers would have been unfair.

Part of the Early Learning Centre. I even had a lesson on Sesame Street.

lol i remember them boards from my course 2 weeks ago,
had a great five days with dvae teaching, would reccomend him to anyone although i couldnt handle baquttes everyday and had to succumb to a macdonalds!..lol

Thanks for a fantastically gripping post Wheelnut…my life is now complete!

Remember them boards well for couple years back when I done mine

wirralpete:
and had to succumb to a macdonalds!..lol

Please no never touch them

wirralpete:
lol i remember them boards from my course 2 weeks ago,
had a great five days with dvae teaching, would reccomend him to anyone although i couldnt handle baquttes everyday and had to succumb to a macdonalds!..lol

+1, Yes he has a great way of getting the information across, & I was still munching my way through the bagette during the later part of the day !!! :sunglasses: , I was determined not to give up on it :unamused: it was delicious ( three meals in one !!! ) :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now then Malc, it was great to meet you again. :smiley:

I got Thursday morning off because the SQA external verifier turned up and ran the exams instead of me as a quality control spot-check.

A nice easy half a day sitting out the exam session in the brew room was quite welcome. :grimacing: