Downtons transport

pay strucure is as follows

£8 ph for trampers with £19 for night away £5 meal allowance

rolling week boys salaried at £495 with night out extra

parking + tolls reinburst

500 units over 1000 trailers

the job itself is good its just the transport mangers couldnt organise a ■■■■■■ in a brewery and talk /treat drivers like [zb] except for there blue eyed boys

I used to see the yard at stag brewery in mortlake london full of downtons trucks but lately it seems very rare to see any of them in there have they lost the contract or subbying it all out as all different companys trucks there now

the job itself is good its just the transport mangers couldnt organise a ■■■■■■ in a brewery /treat

Anything to back that up?

Are Downtons running out of In Bev Samesbury ? or is it all being done by K+N Drinks Logistics ? .

graham schroeder:
scotch willy how are u still mr downtons chauffer to the pub and back

Graham, is this the same Scotch Willy that ran around like a dog with two dicks just because Johnny Downton gave him a pair of amber beacons & let him pull a swan neck trailer for a bit :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

shugg:
Are Downtons running out of In Bev Samesbury ? or is it all being done by K+N Drinks Logistics ? .

Downtons run from the Southern sector, Magor Brewery, K+NDL have the Northern sector.Its the the Inbev DHL contract.

I was dropping at Magor the other night, we can’t go in with “Fosters” printed on the curtains, just plain blue or the K+NDL dark blue curtains.

The drivers at Magor/Downtowns seem to be happy enough, had some decent banter etc with them.

The Salmesbury run is a good un for us, 13 plus hours.

take it the boys doing the Spain are on a good crack?

Gunner Til I Die:

graham schroeder:
scotch willy how are u still mr downtons chauffer to the pub and back

Graham, is this the same Scotch Willy that ran around like a dog with two dicks just because Johnny Downton gave him a pair of amber beacons & let him pull a swan neck trailer for a bit :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

believe so

scaniav8power:
take it the boys doing the Spain are on a good crack?

ive heard they are on a brilliant fantastic crack and its impossible to get on to.

downtons laying 80 drivers off after xmas

scotch willy:

which depots or contracts. :question: :question: :question: :question:

scotch willy:

says who■■?

Who told you that scotch willy■■?

malenki22:
Who told you that scotch willy■■?

it will be a load of rubbish,roumours again fed up of hearing them now,
thing is they can be damaging for a firm when they start,
put it this way just got another 4 units at leeds and set 5 new drivers on so cant be doing that bad…

may be kept on for the christmas rush then layed off in the quiet period ie jan to march then when work picks remployed

yorkshire terrier:
put it this way just got another 4 units at leeds and set 5 new drivers on so cant be doing that bad…

graham schroeder:
may be kept on for the christmas rush then layed off in the quiet period ie jan to march then when work picks remployed

Why would a company get 4 units and set 5 new drivers on to then lay them off after Xmas? Pointless - you’d hire the motors in and use agency drivers. A ■■■■ sight less hassle.

Stan

downtons last year just after christmas got rid off the dead wood so to speak and previous year scotch willy will tell you this that due to the size and advailibility of agency staff at their glos depot better to employ on a rolling contract

This isnt the infamous scotch willy you think it is,spoke to him saturday and i asked him , but he is going to have a look on the forum so look forward to his comments , :unamused:

yer I did one of there lorries a while ago

I was at Britvic Rugby this afternoon and a load of Downtons wagons pulled in,also there was a Stobarts guy writing down the numbers of Stobby trailers.Im wondering have Downtons got the work out of there instead of Stobbies :question: