BAD TIMES.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 … oy_to_end/

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bad bad times that and a sad indictment of the priorities of the modern police.

Its a sad day i know that you lads down in norfolk do a lot for these kids.I hope soming can be done to save the convoy. I wish that i could help in some way but being up in the north west its a bit hard.

My advice is Rob get in contact with the highways department in your local council. They should be able to help you.

It’s a shame it has to come to an end but i am sure people would put themselves forward to help with road closers

Theres now a group on Facebook called " help make the East Coast Trucker Convoy happen", support it please.

suffolk gold:
Theres now a group on Facebook called " help make the East Coast Trucker Convoy happen", support it please.

facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/hom … 30926&ap=1

You and ECTC will find a way Rob, it cannot come to an end just like that after what everyone over 25 years has done,

thing i dont get is what is soo different this year from last year and the year before…other than you have marshalls and such lining the route.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-13501511

mickyblue:
My advice is Rob get in contact with the highways department in your local council. They should be able to help you.

It’s a shame it has to come to an end but i am sure people would put themselves forward to help with road closers

It’s partly down to the highways we are having issues. Local council are right behind us.

I’m sorry to say, this will be tomorrows chip paper very soon. We can only fight so much. We must be very careful not to tarnish the 25 previous years of good will.

Didn’t our wonderful Prime Minister promise something about stopping pointless Health and Safety Jobsworth’s preventing community projects without good reason?
I would think 25 years accident-free running would show that H&S is not a real issue here. Why not drop the lying scumsuc…sorry, Prime Minister a line and get him to put his weight behind it? It’s gotta be worth a try for such a well-established and -run event.
Good luck to ya - just sorry I live too far away to lend a hand…

isnt there a way you could talk to the PM about this, 25 years accident free (and thats with me there) is a bloody good record

Plus the pm had a disabled child so he will know why you all do what you do, im sure he overrules anything

renaultman:
Bad bad times that and a sad indictment of the priorities of the modern police.

I’m not sure you can blame the Police for this. Bottom line is it costs money and they are under pressure to cut costs like many others. I hope a way can be found for it to continue. You can’t put a price on everything.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted on here before, but got home to find this in the the local papers. Bad News. :frowning:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/shadow_over_future_of_norwich_to_lowestoft_truckers_convoy_1_901139

Considering how popular this event is, not just for the Children and the Drivers, but many who just go to watch the trucks, there must be a way to pressure the Police to change thier mind?

It already has by the top man himself MrVain.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71145&p=904622#p904622
just typical of the state of the UK :frowning:

Don’t we have enough clout here to flex some literary muscle. The pen is mightier than the sword…

I think it will be a crying shame if this can’t continue after a quarter of a century of bringing a little happiness to children and their families

:cry: :cry: :cry:

There’s got to be a way round this?

:unamused:

Wheel Nut:
Don’t we have enough clout here to flex some literary muscle. The pen is mightier than the sword…

Well chuck me in.
This is a thread I’d like to see grow for the right reasons…

Andy smg:

Wheel Nut:

Well chuck me in.
This is a thread I’d like to see grow for the right reasons…

I didn’t see the i-player link only read the online newspapers, but this could mean the end of every village fete, carnival or charity event in the country. We have a small procession a couple of times per year, Armistice day and our local carnival both of which involve road closures, ok we can do it with 2 policemen and a couple of road signs.

Well said SARGE, Time for Mr Cameron to put is money where is mouth is…walk the walk talk the talk