SPEED CAMERAS

SPEED CAMERAS

I’ve just received the following email so you’ve been warned!! The new electronic signs on the M6 were switched on this Tuesday. The bad news is that they are rigged with the SPECS speed cameras. This probably applies to all the new signs being installed on the M62, M60 and M56. SPECS is a computer-camera based system. As you go past the sign a digital camera reads your number plate. When you go past the next sign your number plate is read again. The computer ‘knows’ how far apart the signs are so it can work out your average speed between the two, or three or four. The system is fully automatic and will issue a ticket without any form of human intervention. It does this for every single vehicle that passes. You will not know you have been caught as the cameras don’t flash. They work 24/7, 365 days a year, and theoretically, there’s absolutely no limit on the number of tickets that the system can issue. The whole section of the M6 between Knutsford and Preston is wired, both ways. The system is set to trigger a ticket at 78MPH. (Don’t take this as a guarantee) Radar detectors will be of no use as SPECS is entirely passive, there is no laser beam to detect. Be warned and spread the news! I’ve just received the following email so you’ve been warned!! The new electronic signs on the M6 were switched on this Tuesday. The bad news is that they are rigged with the SPECS speed cameras. This probably applies to all the new signs being installed on the M62, M60 and M56. SPECS is a computer-camera based system. As you go past the sign a digital camera reads your number plate. When you go past the next sign your number plate is read again. The computer ‘knows’ how far apart the signs are so it can work out your average speed between the two, or three or four. The system is fully automatic and will issue a ticket without any form of human intervention. It does this for every single vehicle that passes. You will not know you have been caught as the cameras don’t flash. They work 24/7, 365 days a year, and theoretically, there’s absolutely no limit on the number of tickets that the system can issue. The whole section of the M6 between Knutsford and Preston is wired, both ways. The system is set to trigger a ticket at 78MPH. (Don’t take this as a guarantee) Radar detectors will be of no use as SPECS is entirely passive, there is no laser beam to detect. Be warned and spread the news!

This was sent to me by a car hire company so the speed limit applies to cars only. You have to assume it will know whether or not a car or truck has passed

whilst on the subject of speed cameras they have installed them on the m42 between jnc 6 and 4 which is where the roadworks are so 50 mph boys and girls :wink:

jon

These cameras are also on the m4 heading towards london after the banbury turn off, but being in a truck shouldnt matter, they are triggered at 78mph or something, i was reading a notice in swindon truck stop the over night.

well i hope they have remembered to put up the camera signs or they will be in trouble camered areas have to be marked by road signs, unless your in north wales apparently, were they are more intrested in cars than real criminals they have a 99% clear up rate on motoring offences and 6% on serious crime.
what a sad state of affairs this country is in… :smiling_imp:

There are no cameras it is a con this email is doing the round’s

That’s seconded Dafman.

There are NO SPECS or other speed cameras on the new electronic motorway signs on M6, M4 or others with the same kind of sign.
They are purely there to give information (which many then choose to ignore).

Jonathan.
ex. o/d. ex. LGV C+E Instructor. RoSPA Gold

(whey, hey, i’ve finally made the leap from the old forum!)

Welcome back Jonathon.
Kev