Lost digicard

Driving tomorrow a digicard lorry and I seem to have lost my card. I had it last week but havent used it for a while as have been driving an analogue. Can I drive if I apply for a new one and do a printout. thanks

You need to report it to dvla at 0800 when the phone line opens and they will give you a ref number you need to keep so if pulled by vosa or plod you’re covered. Driving without one at all could be classes as driving without keeping a record maybe? Not worth the hassle or fine when you can get a ref. Make sure you send off for it asap to, you should carry your digi card even when on analogue to as the dvla database knows you have one and vosa may ask you to produce it as I think we are required to carry it by law coffeeholic will be better qualified then me with the fine details.

muddywheeler:
Driving tomorrow a digicard lorry and I seem to have lost my card. I had it last week but havent used it for a while as have been driving an analogue. Can I drive if I apply for a new one and do a printout. thanks

You should notify the DVLA of the loss within 7 days but as said the best and most sensible practice would be to notify them immediately, you can drive without the card for 15 days so the sooner you order a new one the better :wink:

Whilst driving without the driver card you should take a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, you should write your driver card number or name or driving license number on both printouts and sign them.

The printouts should be carried for 28 days after the current day just as you would with charts and then handed in to the transport operator.

It’s important that you do the two printouts, one at the start of shift and another at the end of shift as this will give a record of the shifts activities.