On the news forum

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=680

He He how many rubbish trucks :smiley: :smiley: can you think of?

I know i have drove a few :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oooh… tricky… very tricky…

Besides the refuse lorries I’ve driven of course (which were actually pretty good drives scarily enough).

The old Foden 3275 I had on mixer work, The Merc 708 reefer I had for hamper deliveries in the welsh valleys the other year, and anything with Iveco on the front.

:astonished: the worst has got to be an old f reg leyland constructor… rigid ro ro motor… i had a scanny at the time it was off the road for mot prep and this constuctor was replacement for three days… haha NOT… after shouting the odds giving it the big un… i,m not driving that heap of zbn crap… off i went .haha… up riegate hill, right outside garage halfway up hill, the clutch dissintegrated, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha i shouted down the phone told you i wasnt driving this …the gaffer saw the funny side and promptly got my motor sorted quickish…

apart from that ive been pretty lucky with units and rigids…
them were the days …

Anything rigid (cars included). I mean, come on…you put it in reverse, steer left, it goes left…where’s the logic in that■■? :confused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

40ft box through a 9ft gap? Not a problem. 12ft car in Asda? 115 shunts later and she gives up and goes looking for an easier slot… :blush:

LucyR:
Anything rigid (cars included). I mean, come on…you put it in reverse, steer left, it goes left…where’s the logic in that■■? :confused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

40ft box through a 9ft gap? Not a problem. 12ft car in Asda? 115 shunts later and she gives up and goes looking for an easier slot… :blush:

Not another one of those I need two parking space drivers!!! :laughing:

You know,three hours driving round the supermarket trying to find two parking spaces end to end…drive in drive out !!! :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth:

BTW Lucy too late already got the tin 'at on…and the body armour :grimacing:

cheers
STEVE

Ha! Just read this thread. Quite coincidental actually Lucy, talking of ASDA.

Imagine my horror when I’d done my shopping tonight at said place, got back in the car and was having a quick munch at some of my goodies when the old dear reversing out of the space in front of me in her Micra reversed straight into the front of my car! :open_mouth:

I was not amused and gave her a large chunk of my mind, then surveyed the damage and found there was none other than a cracked number plate on mine. She offered to exchange details but after a little deliberation I accepted a tenner and she was on her way. I’m glad I was in the car :unamused: :open_mouth:

Brgds

Speedy

Speedy, Have you tried to buy a new number plate recently■■?

Its like the Spanish Inquisition these days :confused:

Make sure you take the V5 and a utility bill with your name and address on it…You will need both :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

cheers

STEVE

:frowning: Yeah Steve, know what you mean :confused:

Went to the DAF dealership t’other day to get a replacement trailer plate for the wagon and they refused! I was like, you what?! Then he told me the tale and the gaffer had to sort it out in the end.

It’s a real hassle. It’s getting way too “big brother” in this country. You can’t have a [zb] in peace without some nosey parker watching you on candid camera these days.

Brgds

Speedy

Small one.L.