Scania Nightheater Codes

The night heater in my mates Scania is showing E34 its a new heater unit its firing but not catching into life
Any help would be gratefully received

It’s a Scania.

I trust this clarifies matters.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simple fix for the problem :wink:

gallon of petrol
rag
lighter

run like ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

trust me, it will keep him warm :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
It’s a Scania.

I trust this clarifies matters.

shuttlespanker:
gallon of petrol
rag
lighter

^^^ - What they said! :smiley:

I did tell him that but he seemed quiet upset with that answer :smiley: :smiley:

Code E34 means:…you are not getting any heat tonight and neither tomorrow, unit is snookerd.
They use a code because there is not enough space in the display to put: “TECHNICAL UNSOUND” or in drivers language “■■■■■■”

Code E34 means the burner motor isnt turning, or the relay is faulty, this could be also be caused by over heating

Thanks for the replies he is just on his way to ship out for the week so he will have to lump it
Told him he should of had a Volvo lol but the auto censer would of had a fit at his reply :smiley: :smiley:

E34 is thermo cut out i think. tell him to check the intake and exaust side for blockages (intake behind drivers seat exhaust behind passanger seat) also lift the bunk up and check for crushed pipework on either side
hope this helps dude :slight_smile:

similar peoblem the other week with mine put it up to high tempreture switch on when it goes of switch on again keep doing this until it works properly mine had air in the diesel pipe tried thios and it worked

I have the same problem at the mo, it works for about an hour then stops and shows the code E44 which is to do with the fuel intake i am told by Scania Malaga, but they don’t seem to be able to sort it,typical manana attitude :imp: , so the answer is use a thicker blanket and lump it :laughing: :laughing:

I just got a text from him saying looks like a V8 night heater

britladinspain:
I have the same problem at the mo, it works for about an hour then stops and shows the code E44 which is to do with the fuel intake i am told by Scania Malaga, but they don’t seem to be able to sort it,typical manana attitude :imp: , so the answer is use a thicker blanket and lump it :laughing: :laughing:

E44 code… could be blocked air ducts, or over heat protection… over heat is one of the main reasons they shut down, try changing the fuel filter in the n/heater fuel pump or take out and clean,
if you have diffrent tanks fitted■■? take sender unit out and make sure that the n/heater fuel pipe inside the tank hasnt come away from the extension the tank company made when they made the new tanks■■? had this one my self where the extension pipe had come off inside the tank night heater would work till the tank got to a level where it couldnt get fuel hence giving you the code E44… which i was getting,

globby 480:

britladinspain:

E44 code… could be blocked air ducts, or over heat protection… over heat is one of the main reasons they shut down, try changing the fuel filter in the n/heater fuel pump or take out and clean,
if you have diffrent tanks fitted■■? take sender unit out and make sure that the n/heater fuel pipe inside the tank hasnt come away from the extension the tank company made when they made the new tanks■■? had this one my self where the extension pipe had come off inside the tank night heater would work till the tank got to a level where it couldnt get fuel hence giving you the code E44… which i was getting,

Thanks for the advise globby, will have a go in the morning, not now though cos it’s raining in Vivonne so for tonight it’s just just rap up i think :slight_smile:

britladinspain:

globby 480:

britladinspain:

Thanks for the advise globby, will have a go in the morning, not now though cos it’s raining in Vivonne so for tonight it’s just just rap up i think :slight_smile:

Well after messing around for a couple of hours it seems to be sorted thanks globby owe you a pint :smiley:

No problem mate, i can normally sort everyones n/heaters out by my own buggers,

TheFan46:
E34 is thermo cut out i think. tell him to check the intake and exaust side for blockages (intake behind drivers seat exhaust behind passanger seat) also lift the bunk up and check for crushed pipework on either side
hope this helps dude :slight_smile:

Yep also tell him to check how much stuff he has aroud the actual pipe in the side locker, if too much packed too tight around the pipe will also result in E34