M74

Reading the New’s section, and the extension to the M74, does it need one, do people have to lose there houses and land for another bit of road,
i have been using it for year’s along with the M8 with out to much problem
alright there may be congestion but will it help it.

Nice to see people appreciate the news section :stuck_out_tongue:

Extending motorways is always a controversial subject, no matter where it is, as someone ALWAYS loses out.
Is it worth it? No idea, I’ve not been up that way for a while, but last I was there I didn’t notice too much congestion.

:smiley: LOL @ “didn’t notice too much congestion”.

Try getting anywhere fast anywhere between Brae Head and Easterhouse on the M8 at any other time than 3am in the morning and you’ll see!

I haven’t read the other thread but I assume they’re wanting to extend the M74 to follow the Clyde and meet up back with the M8 again somewhere south of the Kingston bridge ? They’ve been on about it for years, but whilst I’m all for it, I certainly wouldn’t be if I lived anywhere in the band where they want to build it, especially over the top of my house :open_mouth: “Not in my back yard”. :unamused:

Brgds

Speedy

They should repair all the pot holes at Uddingston and Lesmahagow first, before they start extending it. The concrete surface at Lesmahagow is like painting the Forth Bridge, they fill one pot hole, another one appears.

Also sort out the north bound M74/73 intersection.