KING OF THE ROAD

How many peeps on here have met The King Of The Road on their travels :question: You will know him when you meet him,his cab is festooned with pretty lights.Hes got a nice big colourful lit up badge on the bulkhead over his bunk.Hes also got pretty curtains pulled across so when he passes you he cant be seen cos your not worthy to look upon his godlike form.If your overtaking someone else he comes teararsin behind you flashing his spotlights at you because hes got no limiter (have magnet will travel)When he does pass you he asks you if you would like a coffee.If you flash him in he ignores you because3 you are not worthy of being acknowledged you are inferior to him.So have you met this icon on your travels,if not you soon will,hes everywhere. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Always been the same, it used to be Spanish bullfighters’ sticks and 24v Love Call LED signs in the window and a coffee percolator on the dashboard on what is now the DVD player shelf. :wink:

There’s a word for it now it’s… sad :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

i am that man.

ah…this one again… :imp: been covered over and over and over. some people like standard ,some like the bling,always been the same.just go and look at any of the pictures of the old days and the same thing was going on. :unamused:

browncow2:
i am that man.

‘No your not, I am’ love a bit of bling :wink:

Hey taff, ‘are you reading that paper your sitting on ?’ AND 'where was you going when I seen you coming back? AND ‘who’s coat is that jacket’ :laughing:

Is this not the argument thread :confused:

If the firm pay for it then it’s ok but why the hell pay £500+ for spotlights and an alloy lightbar when as soon as you have a day off anyone will be driving it because they’ve damaged theirs? One of the reasons I don’t bother going to Truckfest anymore, all the emphassis on people who waste their low wages and what spare time they have bullsh… I admit I had my name put on the cab door (as an ex machine driver the firm did this for us) and the wifes name “Stobart-Style” on the front but it was my first ever new truck. But I’m afraid I’ll never waste my money doing an MJ Church.

Noticed a local skip wagon on the road today - I thought odd for a skip lorry that probably never gets more than 30 miles at most from base - all blinged up. Bottom light bar, top bar and more spot lights than I could count.

Hmmm, local skip work. Parked up for the day before dark most of the year aren’t they?

It’s quite simple.
The more bling on a truck then the smaller the ■■■■■■■■ of the driver. It’s a medical condition called “micro ■■■■■”.
Scania drivers suffer from this more than most; just ask their girlfriends.

There seems to be hundreds of these “King of the Road”'s speeding round the motorway network at night pulling Citylink trailers and other similar parcel companies. All the companies seem to have subbies with tons of bling pulling their trailers these days.

I have a theory on this, it called, each to there own. If someone wants to spend there hard earned on there truck its up to them. I work for a company so personally wont do it, whereas if I was an o/d my motor would be black and covered in shiney things for the simple reason that a nice clean blinged-up truck seems to impress certain people (customers). Seen it a few times now, the he looks after his truck so will look after the load better syndrome.

My truck came with the top light bar - nowt to do with me.

Only things I’ve spent money on in the truck are stuff I can remove, kettle, inverter, tv etc.

But, I’m away all week, doing container work (2hr deliveries etc), so home comforts INSIDE the cab are nice, couldn’t give a monkies about the outside.

Was chatting to a lad who works for another container firm, he was telling me the bits he’d bought for the truck, a ‘stack’ ■■ (exhaust to you and me), a rear light bar across the top rear of the unit ■■ and shiney wheel trims and nut covers (60 quid a piece he told me)…
Then we got to wages… £6.30 / hr … Why spend any of that rediculously low wage on ■■■■ like that?

Ian58:
It’s quite simple.
The more bling on a truck then the smaller the ■■■■■■■■ of the driver. It’s a medical condition called “micro ■■■■■”.

The wife agrees 100%! She said the same applies to EVO drivers and anyone with an ordinary car with a bodykit.

waynedl:

Only things I’ve spent money on in the truck are stuff I can remove, kettle, inverter, tv etc.

But, I’m away all week, doing container work (2hr deliveries etc), so home comforts INSIDE the cab are nice, couldn’t give a monkies about the outside.

Was chatting to a lad who works for another container firm, he was telling me the bits he’d bought for the truck, a ‘stack’ ■■ (exhaust to you and me), a rear light bar across the top rear of the unit ■■ and shiney wheel trims and nut covers (60 quid a piece he told me)…
Then we got to wages… £6.30 / hr … Why spend any of that rediculously low wage on [zb] like that?

:slight_smile: Didn’t that used to be called Maguires of Cheltenham syndrome?

Muckaway:

waynedl:

Then we got to wages… £6.30 / hr … Why spend any of that rediculously low wage on [zb] like that?

:slight_smile: Didn’t that used to be called Maguires of Cheltenham syndrome?

Nice one… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BIGRIG:
How many peeps on here have met The King Of The Road on their travels :question: You will know him when you meet him,his cab is festooned with pretty lights.Hes got a nice big colourful lit up badge on the bulkhead over his bunk.Hes also got pretty curtains pulled across so when he passes you he cant be seen cos your not worthy to look upon his godlike form.If your overtaking someone else he comes teararsin behind you flashing his spotlights at you because hes got no limiter (have magnet will travel)When he does pass you he asks you if you would like a coffee.If you flash him in he ignores you because you are not worthy of being acknowledged you are inferior to him.So have you met this icon on your travels,if not you soon will,hes everywhere.

You’ve missed something out… He’s also got a big ■■■■!

Bob

Muckaway:

Ian58:
It’s quite simple.

The wife agrees 100%! She said the same applies to EVO drivers and anyone with an ordinary car with a bodykit.

Your wife appears to have carried out a fair bit of research,or (1) does she believe everything you tell her,or (2) read it somewhere.:smiley:

What if its a femme? Is she then queen of the road? LOL

lumpygreenpoo:
You’ve missed something out… He’s also got a big ■■■■!

Bob

Do you mean the big angry chicken decal on the side of the cab and anywhere else one will fit :grimacing:

zippy!:
What if its a femme? Is she then queen of the road? LOL

I’ve seen a few male :question: drivers that would happiliy answer to that title :grimacing: