Question for you artic drivers

Could you get an artic into this underground service yard without getting stuck?

turn it around and drive out again.

we deliver hefd in a rigid, the enterance/exit is top left of pic near the van.

where pic is taken its as far down as you can get, behind the pic is just bins etc etc

never yet seen one in thefd so just wondered if you actuall could not being an artic driver my self.

cheers
cc

Me…probably not mate theres too many posts for me,lol ive run into 2 concrete posts this week and re-styled the Scania ha.

MMM from a photo, it would have to be a guess, maybe you could get,and out again but i doubt that you would have enough space to do a 360 turn(jack it round) so it would be drive in reverse out or vice versa

Put a Kfc or a Burger King loading bay down there and trust me 3663 will send a artic down there without thinking :open_mouth:

Think I would give that one miss :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Assuming the silver car is about 13’ long, and its parking space is about 16’ long, then I reckon you could, with a dozen or so shunts.

Harry Monk:
Assuming the silver car is about 13’ long, and its parking space is about 16’ long, then I reckon you could, with a dozen or so shunts.

Yep I agree with the above. But I reckon I would have a bit of a sweat on by the time I’d done it lol

Assuming that the loading bay is at the far end, literally dead centre of your pic then you should be able to enter from the entrance just in front of the van and turn right. Drive down towards where you are standing taking your pic until you kink the trailer straight then reverse back in a straight line, past the entrance you just came in through and onto the bay.

When finished tipping pull forward taking a reasonable swing,turning right and exiting the delivery area. Watch out for tail swing from the trailer as you turn right!!

Sounds about right!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Looking at all those pipes in the side areas/bays then I would say no, not with a regular height trailer the dropside van is about 6 foot high so I would guesstimate the pipes about 12 foot, less than 4m. Then again we do have some real swines of shops to get into and seem to manage the 9/10m rear steer trailers do turn well.

Most underground delivery points are designed for artics so the answer woud be yes -
but you have to take into account the muppets who also deliver /work there blocking the access
Heights don’t seem to be an issue as it would give you a height as you entered the complex
cheers
Steve

Depends on trailer?

10m rear steer no problem

13.6m tri axle … ouch!!

I would say yes you could.

I would tow getting in and out.

Harry Monk:

I think tight Harry, would definately be a “try it & see” job… with several watchers. Remember that wall where you come in will need to be behind the hub of the trailer centre axle before you start to swing.
A lot depends on what we can’t see - the width of the entrance/exit road.

Used to go to a place similar to that in Stockton on Tees. Only good thing about it was that it was always a single deck trailer and a quick tip :smiley:

I had to do a simliar thing in an old mill with the roof posts every 8 foot, I had to reverse it in and drive out with a blind side 90 degree turn in it, I never managed it and after putting the hand brake on and having a good cry someone did it for me after a countless amount of shunts, I agree with above sometimes it is just find out the hard way, you may feel like crying at the time but sure to laugh about it afterwards… I hope!!

I think you probably could, with a few shunts!!
The West Quay in Southampton is quite tight, and it looks like the John Lewis boys have to blindside it into their bays :open_mouth:

Like an Italian ferry reverse in drive out IF there’s enough height.

looks like the one i accidently went down for tesco , it was in newcastle i had to get all the cars moved to get out , but i pretended it was no sweat, but going by the pic i wud reverse down to blue skip and drive out if there was enough room 4 the swing

Of course, it would be a much easier reverse if some ■■■■■ hadn’t abandoned his flatbed Transit where I would want to start from :wink:

Harry Monk:
Of course, it would be a much easier reverse if some ■■■■■ hadn’t abandoned his flatbed Transit where I would want to start from :wink:

As Bullitt says, why all the messing around? I’m sure Rob K will be on soon agreeing with me :wink: