It's worse thn that, he's dead Jim!

“UFS Coal Scuttle, proceed to docking bay 14. When you have docked, please have your crew proceed to the waiting room, lock your cab, and bring your keys to the goods in Office”
Kirk ordered Spock to arrange the transfer of crew to the waiting room, while Chekov shutdown the ships engines, and handed the keys to captain kirk. Once everyone was through the airlock, Kirk locked the door and proceeded to the goods in office.
The Young female alien had disappeared and in her place was, well kirk was not too sure. Behind the glass window was a mound of something resembling flesh, held together by a wrapping of some kind of material. It was perched where the stool had been, and Kirk supposed that it was still somewhere beneath the large rolls of fat. There appeared to be two eyes somewhere near the top of the flesh mound, and just under these were a set of brightly painted red lips. They spoke. “Put your keys on the hook behind you, then go wait with your crew” it snapped.
Kirk was disappointed that the young, not unattractive alien had gone, but was pleased to see that a human female had replaced her. He put the keys onto the hook when almost instantaneously a trap door opened and the keys were snatched from his grasp, nearly taking his hand off.
He made his way to the waiting area, this was a large room with a number of tables, chairs and other such items as waste bin, overflowing, coffee machine, dirty, vending replicator selling overpriced items with no nutritional value. Kirk knew what it was like, but was unable to see it, as it was occupied by 7 crews waiting to unload. He pushed his way towards the replicator pressed his thumb against the credit reader and asked for coffee black two sugars. Instantaneously a quantity of black liquid started to materialise, and just as quickly it vanished through a drain underneath. Dam it he thought, no cups!
Kirk listened to the conversations that were taking place between various ships crews. There was the one about calling the Space cops to the EDC because someone had run out of hours on the bay, and VOSA made them shut down the launch pads either side and marked his docking pads with chalk.
Another captain was telling how he had only just missed being blown up by the Borg on the Space Ferry USS pride of the fleet, because his ship had broken down. Yet another was telling about the time he was stuck in space traffic and needed the toilet…………………Kirk had heard them all many times before.
After several hours, Kirk got the call he had been waiting for, leaving Spock to organise the crew, he returned to pick up his keys and paperwork from the office. The flesh mound, who kirk had christened Jabba the hut, didn’t even look up, just thrust keys and paperwork at kirk, and carried on studying this month’s edition of HELLO!
Once all the crew were on Board and the ship had left EDC1, kirk called Admiral Mitchell.
“Admiral, we have delivered your emergency supplies, I hope we were in time to save as many lives as possible”
“Well done Captain, you did a grand job, there are many that will owe much to you for delivering those supplies so quickly. Can you imagine what it would have been like in the officers’ mess, if we had run out of Romulan ale? There would have been total anarchy. We were down to our last keg! Keep up the good work, and maybe, one day you will get a star ship again. Mitchell out”
Kirk didn’t know what to say, they had risked everything just to bring some alcohol to the officers mess, all his famous exploits, and this is what it all came down to. He was a shattered man.
Spock felt sympathy for Kirk, he knew what it meant to him to get a Star Ship, and this would really affect him.
“Captain” He said “Don’t you think that we should thank Admiral Mitchell for giving us this task? It would only seem logical that we repay him with a little gift?”
Kirk noticed Spock’s raised eyebrow. “What did you have in mind Mr Spock?” Asked Kirk.
Well captain, I know that Dr McCoy has a pair of breeding Tribbles in quarantine in his quarters “said Spock.
A smile began to form on Kirks lips. “Dr McCoy to the bridge. Mr Scott, Two to beam down!”
“What is our course caapteen? “Asked Chekov.
Kirk relaxed back in the captain’s chair, a large smile on his face, pointing vaguely with his hand he replied.” That ways, over there, keep going until I tell you to stop”
Maybe life wasn’t so bad on a freighter after all!

:laughing: you sir are a genious :wink: Thankyou.

I love these and have them in my favourites as -
UFS Coal Scuttle Part 1
UFS Coal Scuttle Part 2
UFS Coal Scuttle Part 3
UFS Coal Scuttle Part 4
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I cannot wait for that :smiling_imp: ZB Sulu , the Intergalactic Chancer,to get his come-uppance. Captain Berk will sort him out before long :laughing: :laughing:

very good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Excellent stories, hope there’s more to come :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do you think he will ever run into Darth Vosa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BIGRIG:

From UFS Coal Scuttle Part 2

Vulcan Outer Space Agency, aka, VOSA

:slight_smile:

thank you for brightening my day an excellant read

BIGRIG:

the coal ship ship hasnt encounterd Beverly Borg yet the Transwarp Commissioner :exclamation:

CC - you crack me up

Cruise Control:
the coal ship ship hasnt encounterd Beverly Borg yet the Transwarp Commissioner :exclamation:

That’s a fair point CC, but rumour has it that ROG has been spotted training several of her drivers towards their CPCs…

Certicicate
for
Piloting
Cubes

They assimilated all their training very well :smiley:

As you can see by the displaying of ‘L’ plates they were training at the speed of Light :wink:

love reading this

ROG:

BIGRIG:

From UFS Coal Scuttle Part 2

Vulcan Outer Space Agency, aka, VOSA

:slight_smile:

DOH :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: