Eddie Stobart Tesco Work

Is anyone out there working on this contract give me answers to some questions please.
1,Is it weekly or monthly pay?
2,Whats the average weekly take home pay?
3,Are Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holidays paid as normal days?
4,Whats the rate of pay?
5,How many hours a week do you work?
Ive got an interview Friday 7th May at Widnes but i dont know if its worth bothering with cos im already workimg on nights.Can any peeps out there answer my questions please?Thanks :confused:

the rate was 7.20ph its gone up about 40p
you get a meal allowance it was 12.30 per day tax free i give or take a few pence i think its gone up to 13 summit
your guaranteed 50hrs per week
the trampers take home roughtly 2000 per month, but i dont think there are trampers from widnes.
the rates change after 1800 fri use to be 9.50 till 1500 sat then 10.50 till 0600 sun and am sure 11.00ph all day sunday
what shifts hav you applied for

dustylfc:
you get a meal allowance it was 12.30 per day tax free i give or take a few pence i think its gone up to 13 summit
the trampers take home roughtly 2000 per month, but i dont think there are trampers from widnes.
the rates change after 1800 fri use to be 9.50 till 1500 sat then 10.50 till 0600 sun and am sure 11.00ph all day sunday

I think it will be start Wednesday finish Sunday on days

saturday and sunday are classed as a normal working day and bank holidays are also paid as a normal day but you do get a day of in liew… thats what ive heard.

TTX boy:
saturday and sunday are classed as a normal working day and bank holidays are also paid as a normal day but you do get a day of in liew… thats what ive heard.

they mst of changed it since the pay talks i used to get extra for weekend, i dont think i would work a weekend for normal pay but depends how desperate for a job you are plus you have the added nuisance of isotrak, but isnt widnes just fridge work?

Widnes will just be delivering to Tesco stores. There may be some trunking but wouldn’t have thought there will be much of that. You will basically be a Tesco driver but wearing the green (& on less money).

i thought the widnes depot was only fridge work because the middlewich work was being transfered to goole?

That’s my take on it too. Theres already noticeably more trucks at Goole to cope with the Middlewich work, plenty of ten plates too. They have run out of room to put empty cages on the site as well. Might start loading some empty cages for the return trunk deckers now… :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:
That’s my take on it too. Theres already noticeably more trucks at Goole to cope with the Middlewich work, plenty of ten plates too. They have run out of room to put empty cages on the site as well. Might start loading some empty cages for the return trunk deckers now… :unamused:

ha ha they always had trouble with cages but it was getting the drivers to return them which was the problem :laughing:

BIGRIG:
Is anyone out there working on this contract give me answers to some questions please.
1,Is it weekly or monthly pay?
2,Whats the average weekly take home pay?
3,Are Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holidays paid as normal days?
4,Whats the rate of pay?
5,How many hours a week do you work?
Ive got an interview Friday 7th May at Widnes but i dont know if its worth bothering with cos im already workimg on nights.Can any peeps out there answer my questions please?Thanks :confused:

stick where you are mate the bloke is an obbsesive clown £7.60 for driving an artic is a joke tell stobarts to do one

Saturday and Sunday are paid at a premium rate,ok granted its not time and half and Sundays are not double time but its more than single time.
Bigrig,why dont you just go for the interview,nothing ventured nothing gained,it may not suit you but at least you would have heard everything from the horses mouth instead of the “my mates said brigade”.
Then you can come and tell everyone on here what the t and c are and whether its worth applying or not.

jase:
Saturday and Sunday are paid at a premium rate,ok granted its not time and half and Sundays are not double time but its more than single time.
Bigrig,why dont you just go for the interview,nothing ventured nothing gained,it may not suit you but at least you would have heard everything from the horses mouth instead of the “my mates said brigade”.
Then you can come and tell everyone on here what the t and c are and whether its worth applying or not.

Think he might have been for the interview and been using the time since 7 May 2010 debating on a start date :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Might pay to look at the date of the post :laughing: :laughing:

I didnt go for interview thort better of it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dustylfc:

nice of stobarts to guarantee you 50 hours especially when the wtd clearly states you can only work 48 hours per week almost every trucker on the road in the uk is driving illegal no wonder nearly every driver who gets pulled by vosa gets fined

swellbelly:

dustylfc:

nice of stobarts to guarantee you 50 hours especially when the wtd clearly states you can only work 48 hours per week almost every trucker on the road in the uk is driving illegal no wonder nearly every driver who gets pulled by vosa gets fined

WTF.

bald bloke:

swellbelly:

dustylfc:

WTF.

I agree he seemed to come out of no where with that. But in essence, he’s not wrong. We work in a industry where you cannot average more than 48 hours per week and yet we regularly get paid for 60 hours per week, week in and week out. We live in strange times :smiley: