Can vosa do you for seat belt?

i was driving past the check point at sleaford yesterday and in the distance i could see a very nice man watching me though binoculars the only thing i can think off is he was checking i was belted up, i was. be careful out there

Mr B:
i was driving past the check point at sleaford yesterday and in the distance i could see a very nice man watching me though binoculars the only thing i can think off is he was checking i was belted up, i was. be careful out there

He’d be dictating your reg no into a radio mike, connected to one of his co-operatives who would check out the traffic light rating for the o/licence your vehicle is running under, and making a decision on whether to pull you or not :sunglasses: .

Mr B:

truckuk.net/documents/VOSASP … 10.doc.pdf

I am not sure how reliable this information is. It is certainly not a VOSA site.

Wheel Nut:

I am not sure how reliable this information is. It is certainly not a VOSA site.

it’s important that all commercial vehicle drivers’ are aware that since May 2009 VOSA inspectors have had the authority to issue fixed penalties against drivers’ who they see not wearing seat belts and this could result in not only a fine, but also further action being taken by the Traffic Commissioner against both the driver and the operator of the vehicle

I did not know that

Mr B:

I hope you wasn’t picking your nose again :blush:

For seat belt enforcement ,it would need to be a camera with a telephoto lens to gather evidence.

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

it’s important that all commercial vehicle drivers’ are aware that since May 2009 VOSA inspectors have had the authority to issue fixed penalties against drivers’ who they see not wearing seat belts and this could result in not only a fine, but also further action being taken by the Traffic Commissioner against both the driver and the operator of the vehicle

I did not know that

As I mentioned Rog. I do not know how reliable the information is from truckuk.net :open_mouth:

Contact All comments, queries or questions relating to the website should be sent to:

Truck (UK) Limited, the PGR Group, 6 The Old Quarry, Nene Valley Business Park,

Oundle, near Peterborough, Northamptonshire, England PE8 4HN

pgrconstruction.co.uk/

Can you slip into your superman outfit and call VOSA?

Worrying, especially about the further action from the TC, that would be a serious move to an operator who cannot control this when the driver is out on the road.

vosa CANT give a fine for not wearing a seatbelt!

I got stopped by VOSA just over a month ago and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, he was waffling on about me wearing a white t-shirt which makes it really easy to spot, he just advised me to wear one in future as there are some coppers that will do me for not wearing one.

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

No need - we have our own resident VOSA expert on here who is bound to know the answer :smiley:

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

No need - we have our own resident VOSA expert on here who is bound to know the answer :smiley:

before the resident expert comes along, the understudy says… NO. But in the future, who knows, it could change, it probably wont and surely someone would have been done for it in the last 12 months and at least one person on here heard about it?

zippy!:

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

before the resident expert comes along, the understudy says… NO.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

one day zippy!..one day :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

zippy!:

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

one day zippy!..one day :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

No intention of becoming an expert… if I know very little or just whats required and keep it that way, I keep a quiet life!

zippy!:

I was unaware that you both work for the same organisation - my apologies

ROG:

zippy!:

The penny finally dropped ROG!!! Thought we had nailed that one a week or 2 ago, sorry! Though as stated i am far from an expert.

Now maybe you will see where I was coming from with the GURU stuff before ha ha. Anyway, its not as if I go bragging about it!

I don’t know if they still do this but the company i work for has someone on a bridge with binoculars to check seat belt compliance, they do other companies to see how we measure against them.

ROG:

zippy!:

Not like you to not pick up on the bleeding obvious ROG, you’re slipping. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

merc0447:
I don’t know if they still do this but the company i work for has someone on a bridge with binoculars to check seat belt compliance, they do other companies to see how we measure against them.

I don’t know about VOSA but I would think it could be possibly a company discipline question under health and safety for not using safety equiptment provided (as well as being illegal). What thinks ROG?

ROG:

zippy!:

he’s really a wannabe ,everything he posts always looks suspiciously similar to wikipedia articles ROG :wink: he’s a batternburg man :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

ROG:

zippy!:

he’s really a wannabe ,everything he posts always looks suspiciously similar to wikipedia articles ROG :wink: he’s a batternburg man :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heres my wikipedia CC :wink:

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … Policy.pdf